DVD REAR PLAYERS not working

I got the new cable to today and installed it.  Everything is back to working order.   Thanks @67firebird455 for making the posting that got me started on the trail to solving my problem!  This is the cable I used that fixed the problem.

Flat Ribbon cable 40 Pin 0.5mm Pitch 200mm long FFC/FPC Reverse Direction (see picture below)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flat-Ribbon-cable-40-Pin-0-5mm-Pitch-200mm-long-FFC-FPC-Reverse-Direct-1pc/112412362149?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

So $3.50 + shipping and the problem is solved.  I actually bought a couple of them just in case I need to do this again in the future.   Anyone else looking to do this, I still recommend that you get a good pry tool for opening up the screen.  It's not hard to open, but there are a lot of tabs.  Since I've done this a couple times now I've broken 3 or 4 tabs myself, but there are plenty of them on the case so missing a few doesn't cause any issues and everything still snaps back together nicely.

Hope my added info actually helps some of you out. I'll also confirm that this takes about 30 - 45 minutes to complete at the most.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for the info just took the player down and reversed the cable as in the previous post and it’s working again. If you are the least bit mechanically inclined it’s an easy fix. Less than 30 mins. Thanks again kept me from being overcharged by GM. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoBeaux said:

Thank you for the info just took the player down and reversed the cable as in the previous post and it’s working again. If you are the least bit mechanically inclined it’s an easy fix. Less than 30 mins. Thanks again kept me from being overcharged by GM. 

Fantastic!  Glad the post helped you out!

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2017 at 2:02 PM, 67firebird455 said:

I did, but no specifics on width/pitch/length or anything.  I should have measured and really taken a look at mine when I had it apart but was in a dang hurry because we were leaving on a 6-hour trip up to the time share and didn't want all three kids in the third row fighting. hahaha

I have a feeling this would work https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flat-Ribbon-cable-40-Pin-0-5mm-Pitch-200mm-long-FFC-FPC-Reverse-Direct-1pc/112412362149?hash=item1a2c4c85a5:g:EMUAAOSw-K9ZHqwL

The link has been updated to  https://www.ebay.com/p/Flat-Ribbon-Cable-40-Pin-0-5mm-Pitch-200mm-Long-Ffc-fpc-Reverse-Direct-1pc/18013512683

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent thread. I have the exact same issue with my 2015 Tahoe. The screen went black yesterday and won’t turn on (2nd screen similar to everyone’s discription). I would like to trouble shoot this myself without dealer involvement (however I’m not mechanically inclined at all). Any tips on lessons learned or what I should know before getting started? I have a very long road trip with the family beginning tomorrow and having the rear entertainment system working would be a blessing :) Thanks for any advice that you may provide.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Neesewj said:

It was the ribbon posted above. Literally a $5 fix. Great thread that will save everyone a lot of headache and money. The ribbon fixed my 2015 Tahoe issue this past weekend.

Thanks for the feedback!  I ordered it a little while ago and hope to be able to fix it this weekend as well!  Was it easy to do like previous posters said?