Aftermarket tail lights for factory LED tail lights

I'll start this off by saying I have searched the forum and google and have not found any direct answer. So my question is are there any aftermarket tail lights that will work with the factory LED tail lights in my 2016 silverado 1500 LTZ midnight edition. I want to black them out and would like to avoid using the spray-on tint stuff if possible. Thank you in advance for any help.

I have not seen any either. Reason is most likely due to Factory LED Tails being fairly new. Most aftermarket LED Tail Lights are designed to accommodate incandescent lamps so they manufacture their "plug and play" connectors to plug into the lamp sockets that have been around for years. Since Factory LED tails don't use that socket, they'll have to make a specific set of lights now for the higher trims trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll start this off by saying I have searched the forum and google and have not found any direct answer. So my question is are there any aftermarket tail lights that will work with the factory LED tail lights in my 2016 silverado 1500 LTZ midnight edition. I want to black them out and would like to avoid using the spray-on tint stuff if possible. Thank you in advance for any help.

I was looking for the same thing. I like the look of those winjet taillights but as you mentioned there's nothing available yet for the stock LED lights that I know of.

I wanted to smoke mine out a bit, not totally black them out; as I didn't like the bright red tail lenses with the whole white, black, chrome theme I have going on with the Pearl tricoat truck.

So when I went to have my windows tinted 20% to match the back; I had the tint shop tint the taillights and third break light with 20% lense tint. It turned out really nice; it's like a heavy smoke; took out most of the red. I figured I'll run it like this until something like the winjets come out for our factory LED taillights. And it's kinda also like a film protection for the taillights, so if I ever take the tint off it should be nice and new underneath if I should ever want to sell the stock taillights.

You should look into the tint, I think you'll really like it, at least for the time being.

Call your local auto body repair shop. They can take clear coat and put a couple drops of black paint into it. Spray a few coats to your desired darkness, cure clear, wet sand and buff and then enjoy the perfect look.

Call your local auto body repair shop. They can take clear coat and put a couple drops of black paint into it. Spray a few coats to your desired darkness, cure clear, wet sand and buff and then enjoy the perfect look.

This^^^^

That's one of the better ideas I've read on here in a minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I was looking for the same thing. I like the look of those winjet taillights but as you mentioned there's nothing available yet for the stock LED lights that I know of.

I wanted to smoke mine out a bit, not totally black them out; as I didn't like the bright red tail lenses with the whole white, black, chrome theme I have going on with the Pearl tricoat truck.

So when I went to have my windows tinted 20% to match the back; I had the tint shop tint the taillights and third break light with 20% lense tint. It turned out really nice; it's like a heavy smoke; took out most of the red. I figured I'll run it like this until something like the winjets come out for our factory LED taillights. And it's kinda also like a film protection for the taillights, so if I ever take the tint off it should be nice and new underneath if I should ever want to sell the stock taillights.

You should look into the tint, I think you'll really like it, at least for the time being.

I like the tint idea, not sure if I'd go with 20% though. Got any pics of how they look, both with the lights on and off? I'm curious to see just how dark the 20% is. I might try the 35% if it doesn't look too bad. I like the idea of being able to peel it off should it not look good or whatever and not damage the light.

The 20% isn't really that dark in my opinion, you can still see some of the red lens coming through in the daylight (with running lights OUT, you can still see a little red lens through the tint).

And of course at night when the running lights are on It's plenty bright, and then even more so when the brake is applied.

Can you see the slightly red tinge?

c4a14942bda9ecada75125c3ad83d5ae.jpg

287bdb9e3f9b1319005e4e639d3d3d34.jpg

At night, running lights only

3ff85c00ed100d6e967af314d060b65d.jpg

579b9d4a928f1f691d8c4c47d961b995.jpg

8f7d5c99dcebde6a6abf0f36e5a5d802.jpg

Illuminated bowtie, just for fun

c86a00fa3c1af98caaaa1852c0fb17ee.jpg

b419ced570fc8aee90cfae72df15427e.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I like the tint idea, not sure if I'd go with 20% though. Got any pics of how they look, both with the lights on and off? I'm curious to see just how dark the 20% is. I might try the 35% if it doesn't look too bad. I like the idea of being able to peel it off should it not look good or whatever and not damage the light.

Updated, check the thread

Archived