Lifted my 15 Sierra today, already regretting it

Instead of the mobile version look on bottom of page for full version. Once you go to post it gives you option to upload pics.

I'm using the full version but still don't see the Orton to upload pics. It may be because I'm still a new member and haven't posted enough to have pic posting privileges.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using the full version but still don't see the Orton to upload pics. It may be because I'm still a new member and haven't posted enough to have pic posting privileges.

Click on more reply options next to post button and option to attach files appears.

Click on more reply options next to post button and option to attach files appears.

Thanks. That info helped but now I get an error file too large. I can't win. Guess I'll have to do it from my computer.

I have a 6 inch lift 35 inch tires 6.2 V8 and 3.73 gears and 17 to 20 miles per gallon on the highway 12 to 15 in the city. After my tune and adjusting speedo to the actual mounted measured height of tires made a huge difference

Just a quick point re: MPG. Weight is less of an issue for highway driving and more of an issue for city driving, because you stop and start a lot more in the city and each time you do it you've got to accelerate additional weight. Rotating weight is even worse.

Conversely, aerodynamics are a bigger issue for highway driving, for fairly obvious reasons.

I lifted my 2015 Sierra today and now I'm wishing I hadn't. I'm new to this group because I just got my Sierra a week ago. I traded a 2003 Hummer H2 for my Sierra so I was used to 11mpg so when I saw 19-20mpg I was ecstatic. After the lift and the 35" tires now I'm seeing 13-14mpg. I knew the bigger tires would affect the mileage but I had no idea it would be this extreme. My truck has the 3.42 gear ratio. My stock tire is roughly 31.6 inches and the tires are 35 inches. Doing the math after the tire change the new ratio is roughly 3.09. According to a gear ratio calculator I would need 3.79 gears to bring the truck back to the original ratio of 3.42. 3.73 gears are as close as possible I can get to the 3.69 needed to return the truck to stock. My question is if I were to do this would my gas mileage return to what it was? I know going from a hummer that got 11 mpg I should be happy with the 13-15 but not when I was getting 19-20. Also would a cold air intake and exhaust help?

I am wondering if the OP has had the truck long enough and driven enough miles to do a true MPG evaluation? As far as the Exhaust and CAI well YES you gotta get that man so that the the truck sounds as cool as it looks. Come On Man

I can't figure out why I can't upload pics of my truck. I keep getting an error that says this file is too big to upload yet it says max single file size is 1mb. The photo I'm trying to upload is only 110kb. I don't see the problem.

I can't figure out why I can't upload pics of my truck. I keep getting an error that says this file is too big to upload yet it says max single file size is 1mb. The photo I'm trying to upload is only 110kb. I don't see the problem.

I used photo bucket before that seem help can you get Tapatalk app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used photo bucket before that seem help can you get Tapatalk app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just downloaded tapatalk and posting with it now. Will try out to upload my pic .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

b366d00b51bc8c7fbb37190ae5903c1a.jpg

It worked. There is the before and after shot of my truck. Thanks nightwatcher.

It worked. There is the before and after shot of my truck. Thanks nightwatcher.

Sorry. Darn autocorrect. I meant Nightwalker.

Archived