Bose Subwoofer replacement!

Would like to see some other shots of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm out of town right now but I'll try to get more pics and maybe measurements.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ended up getting an Alpine PWE-S8 and was disappointed but then thought, hey, I've got a LC2i sitting around. Night and day, I've had to dial everything down below half gain to keep it from drowning everything else out with bass. Amazingly surprised with this little sub as I've had all in one units in the past, it is super clean bass, sounds great with the rest of my Alpine speakers and I was able to free up what precious space I have behind my seats. Little bugger hits, doesn't thump, but actually hits, very crisp. Fits with plenty of space to spare and I've had no issues console rattle.

Edited by Darth_Vader

Ended up getting an Alpine PWE-S8 and was disappointed but then thought, hey, I've got a LC2i sitting around. Night and day, I've had to dial everything down below half gain to keep it from drowning everything else out with bass. Amazingly surprised with this little sub as I've had all in one units in the past, it is super clean bass, sounds great with the rest of my Alpine speakers and I was able to free up what precious space I have behind my seats. Little bugger hits, doesn't thump, but actually hits, very crisp. Fits with plenty of space to spare and I've had no issues console rattle.

So your setup is an Alpine PWE-S8 and LC2i? Do you have Bose?

So your setup is an Alpine PWE-S8 and LC2i? Do you have Bose?

Yes, an no Bose on this truck, but wanted to mount a sub in the center console where the Bose was. I had a '14 LTZ with Bose and this setup hit 3-4x harder with the gain dialed up.

Edited by Darth_Vader

Yes, an no Bose on this truck, but wanted to mount a sub in the center console where the Bose was. I had a '14 LTZ with Bose and this setup hit 3-4x harder with the gain dialed up.

That this ridiculously thin! Seems like the perfect size too. Nice!

I still like my setup though. I like having separate components.

That this ridiculously thin! Seems like the perfect size too. Nice!

I still like my setup though. I like having separate components.

I normally do but in the regular cab you run out of space fast and honestly don't need anything much bigger to make your ears hurt. The Wife's Wrangler Unlimited on the other hand has a Fosgate P3 12" connected to 600w and I get a months worth of bass riding in it for 30 seconds!

What if you just added an external amp plus this lc2i controller to the stock bose sub and box?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Fire...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yes mine does, all of it. The center console is ON the box snug, If I can I'm going to make it have a few mm between the console and the box. I don't like that it's that snug.

If there is that much interested here is what I'll do.

I'll use the extra material I have to refine my fitment make sure it's reasonable, and post new pics. Basically I want the center console to fit perfectly for you, I had to work at it to get everything back together just right. Then I'll put a few out and see what everyone thinks. If there is more interest I can take more orders.

Just to be upfront with everyone I'm traveling for work on Sunday and will be gone a week, so the earliest I'll be able to get started building these would be 3/10. Maybe sooner but realistically it would be that weekend. I'll get the second version made this week if there is interested which it seems like there is.

Once I've refined the design I'd sell them for $200, seems to be the going rate for an empty custom stealth box these days. I have no idea what shipping would be because I haven't weighed the box yet and I'd need your ZIP to calculate it.

If you are interested in me building you one of these send me a PM with your ZIP.

I'll need 5 people to be serious about it though, which it seems like there is already so just PM me and we'll work the deals. We can do Square Cash, Venmo, or PayPal. 50% down to cover materials and the balance before shipping. I prefer square cash but if you're more comfortable with Paypal that's fine.

The only other stipulations would be speaker type and that I can only guarantee it to fit the 2014 Sierra 1500 Crew Cab with bucket seats and the Bose subwoofer. If you don't have that truck buy at your own risk. I imagine any 2014-2017 with bucket seats and the center console will have the space but I can't make any guarantees around that.

One additional note is that I did have to trim the bottom part of the dash, it looks like there were mounting points for plastic panels in the trucks that didn't have the center console. I couldn't tell from andreej's pictures but it looked like he did the same thing. If you look at my pics you can see the part that I trimmed just above the box. It serves no function in my truck and won't affect the structural integrity of the truck, or your ability to revert to the stock sub.

Only fits:

• 2014 Sierra 1500 Crew Cab with bucket seats and the Bose subwoofer
  • JL Audio 8W3v3-4 8" Subwoofer

Includes

• Custom Box, glued and screwed.
  • Gold plated speaker terminal
  • Black Rubberized coating. (carpet won't fit)

I may update the design with brackets if the fitment requires it after I rebuild it.

P.S.

andreej, if you want first dibs on the sales, just say so, I don't want to step on your toes since you did this first. I just used your idea and guessed at the measurements. I don't know how to mention users without quoting so hopefully you see this.

I'll make a separate post with the people who have asked so far because I think there were already five. First come first serve an all.

Any luck getting the measurements for this sub box?

Any luck getting the measurements for this sub box?

Not yet, I've been crazy busy and haven't had the time to pull apart the center console again. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it soon.

I ordered one of these boxes and my console came in from gm parts direct !! I already have an alpine 5 channel laying around from my old truck, can't wait to get this thing together. interested to see what the sub will do may have to go with monoblock amp ?? will pick up the jl sub from my local dealer and the lc2i.

I ordered one of these boxes and my console came in from gm parts direct !! I already have an alpine 5 channel laying around from my old truck, can't wait to get this thing together. interested to see what the sub will do may have to go with monoblock amp ?? will pick up the jl sub from my local dealer and the lc2i.

Which box did you order?