Blacked out grilles on 16/17 Silverado?

Hey all!

I'm new to the forum and a first time chevy truck buyer. I have a silver 2017 Silverado 1500 Z71. It has the blacked-out chevy bow ties already, but I'm thinking about blacking out the silver part that runs through the middle of the grille. If anyone has any pics they can post, it'd be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if they sell the "slats" in black? I couldn't find separate part numbers, other than the entire grill. Want to ditch the chrome LTZ slats, they definitely pop off. Guess I could try to wrap them or plastidip but would rather just replace.

Hey all!

I'm new to the forum and a first time chevy truck buyer. I have a silver 2017 Silverado 1500 Z71. It has the blacked-out chevy bow ties already, but I'm thinking about blacking out the silver part that runs through the middle of the grille. If anyone has any pics they can post, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Is this what your talking about? I have a '16 and if you have the silver bars versus the chrome, would you be interested in a swap? Do you have pics of yours?

f47a319831cfa1ca56b9b652488cb561.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this what your talking about? I have a '16 and if you have the silver bars versus the chrome, would you be interested in a swap? Do you have pics of yours?

f47a319831cfa1ca56b9b652488cb561.jpg

I got a brand new 17' with the chrome. I would trade you for the silver.

I got a brand new 17' with the chrome. I would trade you for the silver.

Unfortunately, I'm not interested in trading for chrome... I looking for the entire grill paint matched metallic sliver ice...

I don't believe this is what you are asking for. I have a 2016 High Country and had my entire front grill wrapped to match the truck. Hated the chrome

895ade209676244588cc5ab192dc5fb0.jpg

That's funny. I have the z71 and I miss the chrome. I really like the HC grille

I don't believe this is what you are asking for. I have a 2016 High Country and had my entire front grill wrapped to match the truck. Hated the chrome.

895ade209676244588cc5ab192dc5fb0.jpg

How much did wrapping it set you back? I got quoted like $800. Seems kind of high for such small square footage ...

Archived