Blacked out grilles on 16/17 Silverado?

How much did wrapping it set you back? I got quoted like $800. Seems kind of high for such small square footage ...

Yes, that's pretty high. I went to a high end shop that does wraps and they charged me $450 which I thought was high. I was quoted between 250-600 while searching around. It's my understanding that although it's small sq footage, because of the multiple panels, it requires much more material and labor than just a standard one piece wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey check out this site , if you haven't already. Lots of OEM

accessories at fair prices. The grill has all the factory color options!

Great price there. I'll have to check this out. My issue was not only do I have to change my grill out but you have to do the lights as well right? Since the trim is also on the headlights.

That's funny. I have the z71 and I miss the chrome. I really like the HC grille

Let's trade

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that's pretty high. I went to a high end shop that does wraps and they charged me $450 which I thought was high. I was quoted between 250-600 while searching around. It's my understanding that although it's small sq footage, because of the multiple panels, it requires much more material and labor than just a standard one piece wrap.

Great price there. I'll have to check this out. My issue was not only do I have to change my grill out but you have to do the lights as well right? Since the trim is also on the headlights.

Let's trade

Hmmm....

Hey guys! I also have a 2016 Silverado In tungsten and I want to get rid of the chrome in the front and rear bumper. I wanted to go get it painted professionally , but I heard it's not good to paint chrome. Or also thinking of having it wrapped black, since there is no tungsten color to exact match the tungsten. By the way, does anyone know where to get the ltz headlights? And are they plug and play for my 2016 Silverado 1500?

• 1 month later...

Took my sweet time and wrapped my grill bars myself... Spent about $80 bucks total for a tool kit and the matching vinyl... Spent about 3 hours due to it being my 1st crack at wrapping... b1576cfcb3dab5fcda926b79e8fb4d11.jpg

9267b3be034bb9137bcbe9621467f8e5.jpgac60b6bc84610046bdbf97e04b7efae6.jpg2e2e729cc18d1f1e6bd80fff26265595.jpg

I don't believe this is what you are asking for. I have a 2016 High Country and had my entire front grill wrapped to match the truck. Hated the chrome.

895ade209676244588cc5ab192dc5fb0.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Took my sweet time and wrapped my grill bars myself... Spent about $80 bucks total for a tool kit and the matching vinyl... Spent about 3 hours due to it being my 1st crack at wrapping... b1576cfcb3dab5fcda926b79e8fb4d11.jpg

9267b3be034bb9137bcbe9621467f8e5.jpgac60b6bc84610046bdbf97e04b7efae6.jpg2e2e729cc18d1f1e6bd80fff26265595.jpg

Wow, that looks real nice man. Did you have to use a hair dryer to get it to lay down over the corners?

Wow, that looks real nice man. Did you have to use a hair dryer to get it to lay down over the corners?

I actually used a $15 heat gun purchased about 4mths ago to help debadge my CC... I used a lil chiseler mini wrapping tool to tuck the vinyl first thou...

I would like to know the part numbers for the headlight bezels and a grill in black. Then I could decide if I wanted to just buy new parts or wrap them.

Post up a picture of your front end, and I can photoshop it black for you, to give you a better idea.

Post up a picture of your front end, and I can photoshop it black for you, to give you a better idea.

My question isn't on if I want to do it or not its on if I want to wrap it verses buying factory parts.

My question isn't on if I want to do it or not its on if I want to wrap it verses buying factory parts.

I'm in the same boat. Ideally I could find someone to swap locally! Probably could sell my LTZ grill fairly easy if I just bought & replaced with OEM.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat. Ideally I could find someone to swap locally! Probably could sell my LTZ grill fairly easy if I just bought & replaced with OEM.

isnt yours already paint matched? If you had a black truck and wanted chrome I would trade you in a heart beat

isnt yours already paint matched? If you had a black truck and wanted chrome I would trade you in a heart beat

Yes its paint matched but the slats are chrome, I want the Z71/LT black slats with my color matched stuff.

• 1 month later...

I actually used a $15 heat gun purchased about 4mths ago to help debadge my CC... I used a lil chiseler mini wrapping tool to tuck the vinyl first thou...

whats a good site to buy wrap?

Archived