GM's Union Workers' Profit Sharing Payment Up To $12,000

Gorehamj

Who really cares? The government has wasted more money on worse things. People need to get over it already.

I wonder how much income & corporate tax the various levels of gov't in the US & Canada get from a profitable GM?

People moan & cry about how much unionized people make. When I retired after 30 years, I figured out I had paid over 600Gs in provincial & federal income tax during my years. What would it have been if I had been working for minimum wage?

Problem is, even when the company is tanking, the union will continue to raise wages and benefits. That's all well and good if the company is healthy. When it's tanking, you get what we had last time - taxpayer bailout.

I, for one, will NEVER forget that screwing. Besides the fact they sold me a lemon the year prior ... :mad:

Had they been left to fail, there would be a company 10x better that arose from the ashes. Now, we'll get more of the same. They'll probably be bankrupt again in a few years. What then? It's like welfare - why work when you get paid to do nothing? Millions have done that - a large percentage of them in this state, but I digress ...

There's ZERO incentive to fix what's wrong in company leadership.

Archived