LED Cargo and Backup bulbs

I was wondering if any of you have replaced the cargo and backup bulbs to LED. I have always used Diode Dynamics bulbs in the past because they are great, however I don't want to spend $170 on backup and cargo LED bulbs. I have Diode Dynamic license plate bulbs already because they weren't too high on the price. So if any of you guys replaced them and found bright white LED bulbs that aren't $170 like Diode Dynamics I want to know what brand you went with and where you bought them. Thanks!

What kind of bulbs did you guys get for licence plate, tails, back up and cargo. There's a ton of different types...wedge, forward firing, tower.... A little confusing on which to get... Do you guys have links for the exact ones you guys got?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by Jeff5347

Phillips bulbs. 194 for the plate and 921 for the reverse and cargo. <$50 on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you buy two sets of the 921's for reverse and cargo? A total of 4 bulbs right?

Thanks everyone for your input, I think I'll try these Phillips since they are way cheaper than Diode Dynamics.

What kind of bulbs did you guys get for licence plate, tails, back up and cargo. There's a ton of different types...wedge, forward firing, tower.... A little confusing on which to get... Do you guys have links for the exact ones you guys got?

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/22571/s/1999-2015-chevrolet-silverado-license-plate-leds-pair/category/495/

I have these for my license plate. Only $8 and they are really bright white.

• Like 1

The 24 lumen type?

I actually went with the 56 lumen. it was only a few dollars more. I think $12. They are really crisp and bright. I think it was worth it.

I also just ordered 2 sets of these for my cargo and backup lights. Hopefully i'll like them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I3OTWQ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by MicahLo

Did you buy two sets of the 921's for reverse and cargo? A total of 4 bulbs right?

Thanks everyone for your input, I think I'll try these Phillips since they are way cheaper than Diode Dynamics.

Yeah 2 packages. And 1 package of the 194 for the license plate. Their the perfect brightness, bright but not NFL stadium lit.

• Like 1

I just put he Phillips bulbs in my cargo and backup lights. Looks nice and white. I'll have to take some pictures later when it's dark outside for everyone who was also interested in these. Driver side is the LED, passenger side is the regular bulb. b7eb9f7d3d8b28c787cf3b6e75106aac.jpg

I just did mine after tinting the taillights.

You need four bulbs for taillights and bake lights / blinkers. And two bulbs for the reverse lights. Lights are significantly brighter! I would take a photo for you but my wife isn't home so I can't show you the reverse or brake lights.

I bought mine off Amazon. Got the highest rated bulbs and they work flawlessly. You are gonna need four in line resistors though. One goes on each brake light, two on each side. Stops the hyperflash. Got those on Amazon also got like $7