LED Cargo and Backup bulbs

Swapped mine out this acternoon after bringing the CHMSL inside to warm up to room temperature. MUCH easier to turn the sockets w/ a pair of Channelocks.

• Like 1

I ordered the ones off amazon that luster posted. I should have them Friday so I will tackle that this weekend,

I also used the same bulbs for cargo lights. BRIGHT

I also used the same bulbs for cargo lights. BRIGHT

I ordered 4 of them so I can do the cargo light too. I bought some cheapo ones for the license plate light and we will see what they do.

• Like 1

Lights showed up earlier than expected. Put them in this afternoon and love them. I don't know that I can tell a difference in the backup camera other than the tag lights, I love the color however. I was really more interested in doing the cargo lights and those made a huge difference. I just did the reverse and tag lights because I figured why not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought these. Extremely bright. At least twice a bright as OEM. And 6000k white. Cargo and Reverse.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KWQ4RTG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

attachicon.gif0led.JPG

I put these in today, they appear to be more blue (or purple) then white. They definitely do not match my tow mirrors, again, more blue/purple then white. I purchased enough to do the cargo lights as welI, but I will be sending these back..

post-158808-0-44195600-1490819878_thumb.jpg

I put these in today, they appear to be more blue (or purple) then white. They definitely do not match my tow mirrors, again, more blue/purple then white. I purchased enough to do the cargo lights as welI, but I will be sending these back..

attachicon.gifIMG_8972.jpg

Have you tried them at night? I think they're really bright and the color is exactly the same as my 6000k LED headlights. I bought them based on the near-5-star reviews and I've been really happy with them.

But I do understand that some people don't like the blue-ish tint. Pretty extreme color difference from OEM halogen! :eek:

(Most LED manufacturers describe 6000k as "White with a Blue-ish tint".)

Edited by Luster

Have you tried them at night? I think they're really bright and the color is exactly the same as my 6000k LED headlights. I bought them based on the near-5-star reviews and I've been really happy with them.

But I do understand that some people don't like the blue-ish tint. Pretty extreme color difference from OEM halogen! :eek:

(Most LED manufacturers describe 6000k as "White with a Blue-ish tint".)

I'm waiting for it to get dark as I sit here and type, lol. I have read this thread and the the excellent reviews of this LED, have see the pic's and the ones I have don't seem to be all that bright or be as white. Maybe when I try them once its dark I will change my mind :dunno:.

Yes, big difference in color compared to OEM.

post-158808-0-06751000-1490823884_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm waiting for it to get dark as I sit here and type, lol. I have read this thread and the the excellent reviews of this LED, have see the pic's and the ones I have don't seem to be all that bright or be as white. Maybe when I try them once its dark I will change my mind :dunno:.

Yes, big difference in color compared to OEM.

attachicon.gifIMG_8971.jpg

Okay here's one of the things that frustrates me about GM. You have a Duramax Denali, one of the best-equipped and most expensive trucks on the market. It has led daytime running lights, HID headlights that are white, LEDs on the interior, LED mirror lights, and then they still put the cheap incandescent reverse lights and cargo lights on. Why not do it right and just put LEDs everywhere? But instead they make you go out and buy aftermarket and struggle to find ones that match the other lights exactly!

• Like 2

Okay here's one of the things that frustrates me about GM. You have a Duramax Denali, one of the best-equipped and most expensive trucks on the market. It has led daytime running lights, HID headlights that are white, LEDs on the interior, LED mirror lights, and then they still put the cheap incandescent reverse lights and cargo lights on. Why not do it right and just put LEDs everywhere? But instead they make you go out and buy aftermarket and struggle to find ones that match the other lights exactly!

I agree.

It's like they were confused with the Denali's identity, its part 21st century luxury work truck and part 19th century work truck. Why they are still using late 1800's technology is beyond me.

• Like 1