LED Cargo and Backup bulbs

On 10/25/2021 at 8:06 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

I still haven't found the brand for the LEDs that I put in, BUT I had to reinstall my original reverse and cargo bulbs.  The left reverse light (even after installing a known good LED) was hyper-flashing after a few days, mind you, it took them a couple years to start that from when I installed them brand new.  When they were in the cargo light sockets, the left one burned out and the right one was flashing (1 second interval).  Moved the right cargo LED down to the left reverse light, and it was fine for about a week. 

Open to suggestions for the next set of LEDs that I put in those spots.

Noticed last night, when I got home, that my left reverse light (LED) is DEAD, and the right one is flashing.  Last week, the left was flashing and the right was solid.  Tonight, I'm re-installing the original light bulbs in my reverse lights, like I did for my cargo lights.

17 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Noticed last night, when I got home, that my left reverse light (LED) is DEAD, and the right one is flashing.  Last week, the left was flashing and the right was solid.  Tonight, I'm re-installing the original light bulbs in my reverse lights, like I did for my cargo lights.

I'm not sure which brand you went with, but I went with the Sylvania standard LED bulbs. I put them in 2 years ago and I haven't had any issues with them. I use them for my license plate, reverse, and cargo box lamps.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 1:38 PM, steelerdude15 said:

I'm not sure which brand you went with, but I went with the Sylvania standard LED bulbs. I put them in 2 years ago and I haven't had any issues with them. I use them for my license plate, reverse, and cargo box lamps.

I put these in almost 3 years ago.  Got them off Amazon, they came in a black/clear ziplock bag.

I replaced the original bulbs with Vleds led's in the cargo lamp, reverse, and license plate when i purchased the truck new in 2018. So over three years ago. I just had a back up lamp fail last week. I went ahead and replaced both with the same Vled 921 bulb.

They are pricey, but never had a problem in over three years.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2021 at 1:38 PM, steelerdude15 said:

Here are the bags that I had mentioned before.  SyneticUSA  Red LEDs in bag on right, original bulbs in the white LED bag, on left.  Last original bulb is from the high mount brake light, of which I have 2 red LED bulbs left.

IMG-2541.JPG

IMG-2542.JPG

Edited by Ravenkeeper
  • Like 1

I just installed the Phillips LED lights for my reverse that @EpicLTmentioned. Bought them on Amazon and had some rewards from my Chase credit card that brought the price down a bit. I like that they are polarity free. They do seem brighter that the stock incandescent but need to test them at night to see how much brighter they are. Not a big deal at my city place but hopefully will come in handy at my Wisconsin place or when camping...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Here are the bags that I had mentioned before.  SyneticUSA  Red LEDs in bag on right, original bulbs in the white LED bag, on left.  Last original bulb is from the high mount brake light, of which I have 2 red LED bulbs left.

IMG-2541.JPG

IMG-2542.JPG

I think it’s weird that this company would remove them out of the original packaging and ship it that way. When I ordered them, they came in the original packaging.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 7:17 PM, steelerdude15 said:

I think it’s weird that this company would remove them out of the original packaging and ship it that way. When I ordered them, they came in the original packaging.

Yeah, I don't understand that one either.  Stumbled across some different ones that I had purchased for my other two vehicles' reverse lights.  Putting them in between the time I wake up tomorrow and before I go back to work on Monday.  They appear to have been shipped the same way as the last ones.  🤨 

IMG-2543.JPG

Check the "CAUTION LABEL."  (Sarcasm) I don't know if I should use them in my cargo lights. 

Edited by Ravenkeeper
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Yeah, I don't understand that one either.  Stumbled across some different ones that I had purchased for my other two vehicles' reverse lights.  Putting them in between the time I wake up tomorrow and before I go back to work on Monday.  They appear to have been shipped the same way as the last ones.  🤨 

IMG-2543.JPG

Check the "CAUTION LABEL."  (Sarcasm) I don't know if I should use them in my cargo lights. 

Did you order this set from the same place?

• 2 weeks later...

I just replaced my back up bulbs, cargo bulbs and license plate bulbs with diode dynamics LEDs. The output is amazing on the XPR reverse bulbs. I was wary of it washing out the back up cam, but it works great. Let's see how long these last. 

• Like 1