LED Cargo and Backup bulbs

I'm looking to do the same as one of my license plate lights is burnt out in my 2015. How do they look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philips changed the base of the bulb design recently. If you get the silver/blue 921, it fits almost perfect. The new design has a thicker base that you may need to lightly sand down to get it to fit properly. No need for a sanding tool as it's only a small bit, just some sand paper and elbow grease.

I may look into diode dynamics next time personally if they don't require any altercations like the new Philips bulbs. Just laziness on my part tbh.

09b9463f6ee74ee31460c8e477c09b1d.jpg diodedynamics make great bulbs but the price for cargo is $90 and for the reverse is another $90. I got these philips for like $20 and they are super bright and well built. My camera is focused in on the truck bed rather than the lights.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How do you remove the cargo light bulbs? I've changed a lot of the bulbs in my years, but I have no idea what the procedure is on my 2017. I don't want to break the housing or bulb socket trying.

I had no issues swapping the back up lights though (go figure).

i used the JDM A-Star brand off amazon for the reverse, cargo, and license plate bulbs. All are bright and crisp white.

How do you remove the cargo light bulbs? I've changed a lot of the bulbs in my years, but I have no idea what the procedure is on my 2017. I don't want to break the housing or bulb socket trying.

this was a HUGE pain in the butt for me too. I'd recommend using pliers, i couldnt find mine and spent 30 minutes cursing and hurting my hands to finally pry them out of the housing.

The high mounted light has two torx screws. Loosen and gently pry back from the top.

The high mounted light has two torx screws. Loosen and gently pry back from the top.

That far I got, T20s in fact. It's getting the bulb sockets out of the housing that is the issue.

• Like 1

I just checked Google & found this:

I`m thinking that since the temps were just above the freezing mark, I`ll wait for a warm day (or dry) & bring the housing into the house to let it warm up.

• Like 1

I don't know since I tried twisting the socket both CW & CCW, Both directions seemed to be stiff.

My cargo lights where stiff. Get some pliers and carefully twist CCW. Mine felt like the would break but they don't if you apply minimal pressure.