6.2L exhaust - Magnaflow, Flowmaster, other?

I removed muffler, flapper, and resonator and put in a Magnaflow 12909 22" with 3.5 inch in and out for my 6.2L....I am happy overall... Very little drone compared to muffler delete (please note there is not much drone with muffler delete if you leave flapper in place but my flapper started making strange sounds - not all do but many persons on the forum did not have good luck with sound after muffler delete with flapper). Magnaflow has good low rumble in start, low drone Hwy and 30-40mph cruising, and great sound when giving it the gas. Some think it is too quiet but I wanted a full 3.5 inch in/out and made my choice with what was available.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

I am thinking of going this route also. You wouldn't happen to have a clip you could post?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on ones budget

I got a flowmster super 44 from jcw for $68 shipped plus instill and res delete $120 the sound level for the flowmaster its pretty quiet until you got in it. Drone its very little depending on the person

Had i been smarter I would have did a muffler delete and move the res to old muffler. And probably kept the same level of sound i am wanting

I just wanted to ask my question again. I'm probably beating a dead horse talking about exhaust size, but, the horse can always be beat a little more, right?

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but Corsa does have the db Series which is like half the cost of the Corsa, however they only make it for the 5.3L and therefore piping is 3inch instead of 3.5.

What kind of impact would that have? It sure would be nice to have the db Series as an option for us 6.2L guys.

Personally I would only go Corsa sport or Borla sport or Atak....best sounding hands down plus great quality.....anything else is just too quiet. Particularly don't like Magnaflow because too quiet. I debated for several months but ended up going with Corsa sport since I found it for 1000. When you get on it it's just mean sounding but it isn't crazy loud for normal driving. But, yes, I do admit on startup it is LOUD, but within 10 seconds it quiets down.

which magnaflow set up are you referring too. I am thinking about adding this one, Magnaflow performance exhaust #15318. I have really good luck with the magnaflow mufflers in the past and have liked the sound.

I've been on YouTube for almost a week trying to listen to all the different setups on the Silverado, and this one, is the one that convinced me to get the flowmaster 44.. actually looking to get this done this coming week...

Jenna, please explain to everyone what the difference between a straight through muffler and a baffled/chambered muffler does for power.

I keep seeing people taking out their stock straight through muffler and adding a baffled flowmaster muffler and it makes me want to use the hand slapping face emoji. Lol.

Jenna, please explain to everyone what the difference between a straight through muffler and a baffled/chambered muffler does for power.

I keep seeing people taking out their stock straight through muffler and adding a baffled flowmaster muffler and it makes me want to use the hand slapping face emoji. Lol.

Mighty want to slap yourself with that emoji... The stock muffler is NOT straight through. (as shown above)

I went to the dealer and had them install the Borla Touring for my 6.2 Denali. I love it! has a nice rumble at start up and sounds great accelerating. Driving down the road it';s nice and quiet with zero drone on the highway. It's pricey, but well worth the money if you can afford it.

Between the Corsa and Borla, which is less noticeable when the AFM kicks in around town and at highway speeds? In the past, I've always run Corsa on my Corvettes because they didn't drone at all, but this was before the days of AFM. Borla always had the reputation of sounding awesome but a little more aggressive with some drone. Looking to get some more noise out of my 6.2 on my new Denali Ultimate but don't want to ruin the tranquility inside the cabin when cruising down the road.

• 4 weeks later...

Mighty want to slap yourself with that emoji... The stock muffler is NOT straight through. (as shown above)

BULLSHIT. You want me to take a picture of my muffler? You can see right through it. I have a 6.2 liter I don't know if that makes a difference but that's what it is.

Archived