Maybe a new colorado/canyon?

Aldila

Currently have a gmc crew all terrain 5.3, but debating a colorado or canyon with the duramax or 3.6 Two reasons for possibly trading are better mpg and more compact. To elaborate, I get maybe 18 now and travel 400-500 miles a week (mostly interstate). That will possibly increase to 500-600 miles a week soon. Also more compact size would fit garage better.

So with that said, I'm still debating. Anyone who downsized or driving one with 3.6 or duramax, would you buy it again? What fuel economy are you getting with either motor?

I did own a F-250, but that was a few vehicles prior to my Canyon. I do wish I got the long bed, but the short bed hasn't been a problem yet. As for the back seat room... Both my wife and kid (who's 15, and 5'11") have no problem with it. As a matter of fact, they've commented that they are surprised that there is plenty of leg room.

Did u come from a full size pickup? Wondering how hard it is to adapt to a smaller truck? Looks to be little leg room in the back seats..

Thanks

I did own a F-250, but that was a few vehicles prior to my Canyon. I do wish I got the long bed, but the short bed hasn't been a problem yet. As for the back seat room... Both my wife and kid (who's 15, and 5'11") have no problem with it. As a matter of fact, they've commented that they are surprised that there is plenty of leg room.

Leg room shouldn't be a problem unless somebody is tall. Not average height "tall", but actually tall.

I sat in the backseat of my double cab Silverado with my seat almost all the way back, and I was able to sit with leg room. It's all in how they sit. If they sit with their knees together and slouched down, there probably won't be much "leg room". If I sit with my legs spread a bit and sitting straight up/scooted all the way back in the seat, I'm comfortable back there. For reference, I am 6'2".

Smaller backseats may not be optimal for long periods of time, but casual town/city commuting shouldn't be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also thinking about going from a 2015 sierra double cab to a crew cab colorado/canyon. I think there looks to be a lot more room in the back of the crew cab colorado compared to my full size double cab.

Has anyone noticed payload or towing differences with there colorado? I mean, we all know the sierra can tow and carry more, but in everyday home owner towing, can the colorado keep up? I have a 16' boat I tow a few miles, a few times a year, a skidoo I sometimes haul and some odd farm chores once or twice a year (haul seed etc)

My dad's got a 2016 CCLB Z71 Colorado with the V6, and compared to my DCSB 2017 Silverado, back seat is more comfortable for long trips. The seat isn't as wide, but it makes up for it in leg room. Also, he doesn't have to deal with the "chevy shake" or TC issues that the full-size trucks sometimes deal with. In truth, I'd prefer to have the smaller truck (but with the long bed) simply for maneuverability in tight places as the V6 or the Duramax could handle what I through at it (towing not exceeding 5000 lbs, payload under 2000 lbs usually), but went with the Silverado simply because after rebates, promotions and discounts, it was the cheaper truck. I'd actually went shopping for a Duramax Canyon. I do like not having the center console in my Silverado, though (I hate leaning the right leg on the console).

My dad's got a 2016 CCLB Z71 Colorado with the V6, and compared to my DCSB 2017 Silverado, back seat is more comfortable for long trips. The seat isn't as wide, but it makes up for it in leg room. Also, he doesn't have to deal with the "chevy shake" or TC issues that the full-size trucks sometimes deal with. In truth, I'd prefer to have the smaller truck (but with the long bed) simply for maneuverability in tight places as the V6 or the Duramax could handle what I through at it (towing not exceeding 5000 lbs, payload under 2000 lbs usually), but went with the Silverado simply because after rebates, promotions and discounts, it was the cheaper truck. I'd actually went shopping for a Duramax Canyon. I do like not having the center console in my Silverado, though (I hate leaning the right leg on the console).

You did exactly what I did in 2015. Went looking for a colorado CCLB and ended up with a DCSB Sierra. it was the cheaper vehicle. Some days i regret it because of the weird issues i'm having.

• 4 weeks later...

My Canyon seems to be the neighborhood people hauler to the airport, so far there have been no complaints about leg room or seat comfort. I am 6'2" and it looks like my big long legs might have a problem being folded into the available space, especially with my restless leg syndrôme.

Thought i better go a little further with this post, i was speaking of back seat room. The front is quite adequate for me and driving the truck for extended time periods (two drivers) i found i was not fatigued like in some vehicles.

IMy buddy and I drive to Texas at least once a year and what normally was a three day trip we can make in two now pausing only one night for sleep, the truck is that easy to drive. I have my Westie dog with me so lots of short stops are made for her convenience and stretching legs...i have been quite happy with seat comfort.

Edited by Ibmikey

• 4 months later...

Well I'm still debating some months later. My big hold up has been lack of rebates. Dealership just got in a crew z71 duramax 4x4 colorado. Sticker is 42,595 and they will sell for 40,500. Just having a hard time with price, when they quoted 43k for a slt loaded crew 4x4 full size with MSRP of 55k.

How well are these canyon/colorado expected to hold value?

Well I'm still debating some months later. My big hold up has been lack of rebates. Dealership just got in a crew z71 duramax 4x4 colorado. Sticker is 42,595 and they will sell for 40,500. Just having a hard time with price, when they quoted 43k for a slt loaded crew 4x4 full size with MSRP of 55k.

How well are these canyon/colorado expected to hold value?

I agree I'd really like to consider a crew cab Canyon for my next truck but, I paid 39k for a 49k sticker Silverado I just can't see the value in the less capable midsized truck at the same price...

I agree I'd really like to consider a crew cab Canyon for my next truck but, I paid 39k for a 49k sticker Silverado I just can't see the value in the less capable midsized truck at the same price...

I'm with you. I'd sure like to have one for the better fuel economy, but yet to make myself pay the price.