Maybe a new colorado/canyon?

Aldila

If I was to go to a smaller truck again, I'd go with another Tacoma. Hands down the better value. No diesel option but definitely a great value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Loco-diablo

I did the same as others, looked at a duramax colorado, ended up with a denali sierra for the same price. I fully intended to buy the smaller truck, but no dealer would budge on the price. I've actually been using the larger bed a lot, so it worked out well.

I'm with you. I'd sure like to have one for the better fuel economy, but yet to make myself pay the price.

Yeah but for one MPG how much $$ will you save on gas? I get 20mpg easily on the highway in my 5.3 4x4 chevy on the road.... If a comparable colorado was 5-6k less I could justify it but, for the same $$ I dunno that 1-2 mpg is even a consideration.. To me for practical purposes 1-3mpg is essentially the same MPG practically speaking.

For me, it wouk

Yeah but for one MPG how much $$ will you save on gas? I get 20mpg easily on the highway in my 5.3 4x4 chevy on the road.... If a comparable colorado was 5-6k less I could justify it but, for the same $$ I dunno that 1-2 mpg is even a consideration.. To me for practical purposes 1-3mpg is essentially the same MPG practically speaking.

For me, it would be more than 1 mpg. I can manage 18.5 highway. I'm looking at the duramax colorado and yields 27-29 highway, via a close friend and uncle's trucks. That's a lot to me, since I average 600 miles a week.

For me, it wouk

For me, it would be more than 1 mpg. I can manage 18.5 highway. I'm looking at the duramax colorado and yields 27-29 highway, via a close friend and uncle's trucks. That's a lot to me, since I average 600 miles a week.

Interesting what is the cost of diesel vs gas these days?

In my area of TX:

2.07 GAS

2.15 DIESEL

I just checked here, 87 is $2.12 diesel is $2.45 with the amount of miles I drive, not nearly what you do, 15k a year so is what I drive... I would save about $30 a month on fuel which is certainly something, if I recall correctly you said you were driving about 25k a year? Looks like you'd save more like $60 a month vs your Fullsize truck.... For me it makes me consider the Colorado more seriously even at $30 a month because I think I'd like the smaller truck better for parking and the crew cab Colorado is more comfortable that then double cab SIlverado but, I dunno.

Edited by Imcrazy

I just checked here, 87 is $2.12 diesel is $2.45 with the amount of miles I drive, not nearly what you do, 15k a year so is what I drive... I would save about $30 a month on fuel which is certainly something, if I recall correctly you said you were driving about 25k a year? Looks like you'd save more like $60 a month vs your Fullsize truck.... For me it makes me consider the Colorado more seriously even at $30 a month because I think I'd like the smaller truck better for parking and the crew cab Colorado is more comfortable that then double cab SIlverado but, I dunno.

I'm in talks with my dealer, but $2200 is the most he will come off at this point. So, I'm still debating the trade.

I came from a 2006 F-250 4dr Long Bed 6.0 Diesel with a 3 inch lift. I thought I would miss the size, but so far no complaints.

I bought a 2017 Colorado Crew Cab with the 3.6L v6. I love and the power is great. It also helps having the amount of power in these engines with the lighter truck weight.

Well I'm still debating some months later. My big hold up has been lack of rebates. Dealership just got in a crew z71 duramax 4x4 colorado. Sticker is 42,595 and they will sell for 40,500. Just having a hard time with price, when they quoted 43k for a slt loaded crew 4x4 full size with MSRP of 55k.

How well are these canyon/colorado expected to hold value?

The dealer I went to bought back a 2015 Colorado v6 that had 70,000 miles on it for $22,000. He said he was surprised at how well they are holding there value. Another thing, in my area there are not alot of used 2015 and newer Colorado's for sale, so that will drive the price of the used ones up as well. Unless its a base model.

Here is a link to one of their Duramax's they have for sale:

http://www.bobhallauto.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-Colorado-Z71-Yakima-WA/3037634123

This doesn't include any rebates they may possibly be able to get you.

When I purchased my v6 model they were asking around $35,000. They were able to get me some rebates and I was at $31,900.

Good luck with your potential purchase.

-Preston

For me, it wouk

I have a 2016 Duramax one myself. Best tank DIC calculated was 28.2mpg, worst was 24.5mpg in the winter. Its been a consistent 26-27mpg per tank, and that's doing some spirited acceleration and 70-75mph highway driving to work. I'm sure if I kept it 55-65mph on the highway it would be more like 27-29mpg per tank.

I love how they drive like a Silverado/Sierra, but with an easier wrapper if you will. I found the build of mine better than my 2015 HD I traded in.

Thanks for all replies. The truck I'm looking at is a crew z71 4x4 colorado with duramax. MSRP is 42,595. 40k is as low as they will go. How much, if any more will room do they have?

Thanks for all replies. The truck I'm looking at is a crew z71 4x4 colorado with duramax. MSRP is 42,595. 40k is as low as they will go. How much, if any more will room do they have?

Sounds right. GM has been very tight on incentives on the little trucks. They seem to sell quite well even at that. Resale seems quite strong right now too at the auctions. Used car manager saw two diesel LT crew cabs hammer at 34-35K. MSRP was probably 40-42k for those. I wouldn't doubt whoever bought those will sell them for $37-38K.

Edited by 15HDriver

If I was to go to a smaller truck again, I'd go with another Tacoma. Hands down the better value. No diesel option but definitely a great value.

I drove a Taco before getting my Colorado. No way Jose on the Taco. I don't see the hype of Toyota products.

I drove a Taco before getting my Colorado. No way Jose on the Taco. I don't see the hype of Toyota products.

Mechanically superior. Well at least it was during prior gen Taco vs the small GM's

I owned a 2nd gen Tacoma for 10 years/170k.. zero mechanical issues. It's too soon to say for the current gen Colorado/Canyon vs the gen 3 Tacoma. Time will tell. but I will say they're all overpriced for sure. The GM's have the better looks hands down.

If my new Silverado is anywhere near as dependable as my gen 2 Tacoma was, I'll be happy for sure.

Edited by Loco-diablo