2016 Sierra 2500 6.0 Gas would not start

Jeez that is pretty sad that they cannot diagnose the issue. Probably something super simple like a bad battery cable or possibly the battery itself. These Mr Goodwrenches nowadays are really pushed to do a quick diagnosis and just be part changers. There are probably actually some good mechanics in the bunch but they have to do what the computer tells them even if it is a STUPID move LOL

MyFavTruck

The problem that I have with my truck is that it doesn't start when it's cold outside. When the temps are warmer it starts up fine.

GM is dragging their feet on trying to fix it, or just buying it back and putting me in a new truck.

Now it's been over 30 days sitting at the dealer, I have no choice but going the legal route to get out of this lemon truck.

Edited by Targa1us

• 4 weeks later...

The dealer had my truck in the service department for over a month. They found a bad cable under the driver side floor board that was bad.

Being the dealer couldn't get the truck fixed under 30 days, I filed a BBB lemon law buyback.

GM agreed to buy back my truck, so now I'm driving my original truck until all the paperwork gets done. Should be around a month until I get my new 2017 crew cab.

Thanks guys, it's all looking good so far that GM is backing there warranty and complying with my state lemon law buyback.

• 3 weeks later...

Here the update of my previous 2016 Sierra DC that wouldn't start up on cold days.

GM finally bought it back, and now I have a new 2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab.

Thanks GM for standing behind your warranty. :happysad::driving::fingersx:

post-165211-0-67851300-1493642643_thumb.jpg

Edited by Targa1us

• 2 months later...

June 2017, my 2016 6.0, LTZ Z71 Silverado would not start as well. I had full electronics on dash, windows worked but no click, crank or start when turning the key. Towed to the dealer and it started right up for them, they found no error codes. (7) days later, same thing happened, no crank or start. Had it towed back to dealer and thankfully it did not start for them, error code showed bad starter. It was replaced and so far so good.

Service adviser said that there was a service bulletin issued on this starter for certain 2016-2017 model 2500's.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...