Which Michelins to get?

Just purchased a used Suburban LTZ with 22" wheels. I have been reading a lot of posts on here about switching to the Michelin's. Just wonder what everyone prefers, the defenders or premiers? Also noticed a rattle coming from the passenger side when driving on the highway, can't tell if it's in the front or rear door? If anyone can help with it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also noticed a rattle coming from the passenger side when driving on the highway, can't tell if it's in the front or rear door? If anyone can help with it would be appreciated. Thanks.

It's probably the plastic strips on the posts between the front and rear door. You should be able to pull it out a bit if it's loose. Not sure if a bulletin is out but I had mine replaced because of a rattle. If you find one loose, replace them all (one behind each door). That's what I did a few months back and the rattle went away.

The two tires you are looking at literally review the same on almost every site I've seen. They also both drive nice and quiet.

The Premier LTX have a 300lb better load rage though so if you tow these would be better.

My dad's truck has the premier and my friend's truck has the defenders, personally I like the ride better with the premier. If you're worried more about longevity and treadwear length, I believe the defenders have a better treadwear warranty.

I have the defenders and they are outstanding. You can't go wrong with either. But I will add I wish I had put them on in week one instead of waiting and playing all the dealer games. All of that time was wasted to a bad ride. Could have been enjoying the truck instead of being annoyed.

Be aware that the Defenders are available in both P-Spec [passenger vehicle] and LT [light truck] versions. The max load is the most obvious difference [~2600 vs 3400], but I'm unsure what else is.

--
Marc

I bought 22" Michelin Premiers for my '15 Yukon Denali in Oct. Just in time for the winter season. Great traction in the wet roads. It also handle the snowy roads in Mammoth with no problem. Great traction! So glad I bought Michelins.

post-137692-0-85682900-1486843620_thumb.jpg

Archived