New Truck Build :)

Ordered a 2017 2500HD LTZ Diesel on 1/12/2017 to upgrade from the 2015 2500HD Gasser. Its moved right along and cant wait to get it in my hands:

1/12/2017 - 1100

1/27/2017 - 3000

2/1/2017 - 3100 - TPW 2/13/2017

2/6/2017 - 3400

Congrats - I ordered mine on 12/28 - found out my build week is Feb 27 - is yours a crew or double cab? I heard that they were building crews first then switching to doubles

I stopped at my dealer and ordered a '17 Denali 3500 long box SRW crew on 12/9. I asked on 2/8 about status and the dealer could only tell me my order was "accepted" - no VIN has been assigned yet. Does the timing seem strange? I see others have ordered after me and got build dates already. What do the codes above mean? What should I ask the dealer to get more details? I'm not really concerned other than I got a coupon from my GM card to exceed the normal allowance by $2000 but it expires on 2/28.......thanks in advance for any info.

Here is a list from 2014

1100, Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
2051, Order changed thru Web
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast
3800, Order produced
4000, Available to ship
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
4B00, Bayed
5000, Delivered to the dealer
6000, Delivered to the customer
9000, Order Cancelled

I stopped at my dealer and ordered a '17 Denali 3500 long box SRW crew on 12/9. I asked on 2/8 about status and the dealer could only tell me my order was "accepted" - no VIN has been assigned yet. Does the timing seem strange? I see others have ordered after me and got build dates already. What do the codes above mean? What should I ask the dealer to get more details? I'm not really concerned other than I got a coupon from my GM card to exceed the normal allowance by $2000 but it expires on 2/28.......thanks in advance for any info.

At a recent auto show I asked about how long it takes to get an order processed and was told by a GM rep that there were lots of product out there on dealer's lots and that I should have my dealer do both a zone and nation wide search for one - then I asked if that included double cabs and she said no - so far the production had been all crew cabs. If you don't have a TPW by now you will not make your end of Feb delivery as it takes 2-3 weeks to get from the plant to the dealer.

Like you, I ordered in Dec - mine was later at 12/30 - I was told to allow 2-3 months. Back in 07 when I ordered my current truck the order was placed in early Jan - I called him up in late Feb to ask if he had heard anything - he checked and came back with "holy smokes, it is built and on it's way" I took delivery in early March.

I honestly think they have changed the way they build them these days - more of a batch build than mix and match. So the ability to get in on the end of a batch - like it appears Webby has - or like us having to wait until the next batch. There could also be something with our dealers that make a difference - IDK.

The vin gets assigned as it's being built.

Thanks everyone for the input. The dealer called today and said not only is my truck built, but it has already shipped and they have the VIN so I should be cool to utilize the current program from my GM Card. Any ideas what the transit time might be for delivery? My dealer is in Fargo, ND......

thanks again.

Ordered my 2017 Denali HD 10.15.2016. Unit was built 11.24.2016. It wasn't shipped until1.15.2017. I have had it since 1.20.2017 I like the truck, However if I had a complaint, fuel mileage is weak compared to my 2015!

2017 GMC Denali HD

Archived