6.2l in a work truck?

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering, why isn't the 6.2l v8 available in the base(work truck) silverado? I've always been a fan of stripped down vehicles with big engines. (Example: chevy biscayne with a big block)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day a RCSB is available with a 6.2 I will buy 3 of them. Seriously! GM are you listening? I said 3 of 'em. I'm shure everyone would want one parked next to their Denali or LTZ.

Rcsb 6.2 would be so quick for a truck I don't think they could sell it as a work truck with a big motor, they'd have to design a sport truck. I mean 0-60 in 4.5 seconds out of a factory work truck would just be ludacris.

That being said, yeah not sure why they don't make a performance variant. Give it some big brakes, lower it, and some decent suspension and give us an srt-10 like truck which still offers plenty of utility.

Doubtful they would shoot for a low msrp

Well, for the price of a work truck plus $11,000 for a new LT1, a 6.2 intake manifold and throttle body you could have what you want, all from Chevrolet. Just add a high flow y-pipe or headers, and a cat back, and a tune. For a couple more thousand one could have a 535hp LT crate motor from Chevrolet. Labor should be around $1,000 to $1,500.

Archived