6.2l in a work truck?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just get a work truck, and drop a l86 in it?

Because you'd be paying more than buying one with an l86 and a lot of nice features already in it.

I suspect as time goes on and these trucks start to age and people blow their 5.3's we will see plenty of rcsb 6.2 swaps. Would be an awesome setup for a sport truck build.

There was a guy on the 6th gen Camaro forum that bought the LT4 over the counter long before the ZL1 was even close to being released. He swapped it over himself using all GM only OEM parts, popping the hood you couldn't even tell it wasn't from the factory. So with enough money it is possible for sure.

Because you'd be paying more than buying one with an l86 and a lot of nice features already in it.

I suspect as time goes on and these trucks start to age and people blow their 5.3's we will see plenty of rcsb 6.2 swaps. Would be an awesome setup for a sport truck build.

Nah, you could sell the L83 for a couple grand to offset the cost, a pulled L86 for $5k swapped in wouldn't be bad be out about $3-4k, the thought has crossed my mind a few times. I have a '62 Corvette that L83 would be fun in anyways.

Nah, you could sell the L83 for a couple grand to offset the cost, a pulled L86 for $5k swapped in wouldn't be bad be out about $3-4k, the thought has crossed my mind a few times. I have a '62 Corvette that L83 would be fun in anyways.

This is kinda what I was thinking. I figured it could be done without breaking the bank. My 16 ltz crew cab 6.2 had an msrp of $61,400. What did a rcsb lt cost?

I was mainly talking about new

The numbers change if you start talking about buying used trucks and used motors and are going to DIY everything

This is kinda what I was thinking. I figured it could be done without breaking the bank. My 16 ltz crew cab 6.2 had an msrp of $61,400. What did a rcsb lt cost?

real world dollars, not inflated msrp, the difference between an rcsb and your cheapest 6.2 is maybe 10K

So when you're at the dealership buying a 5.3 to do a 6.2 swap, it's like ok I can spend all this time and money doing a 6.2 swap, or I can just buy a 6.2 and get all these nice features.

The 6.2 upgrade itself is not all that expensive from the factory, that essentially boils down to generally not being worth doing a swap afterwards.

There are probably a few hundred thousand 14+ rcsb's running around and I've yet to hear of one with a 6.2 swap, if it were so easy and cheap for everything it probably would have been done by down by hundreds of people.

Not sure about an LT but I've got about $30k in mine with all my mods. I had a fully loaded '14 LTZ, the only things I haven't done to this is that I miss from it is the center console, which all the parts are en route and the factory heated and ventilated seats which I'm working on a controller right now to use the factory buttons without the BCM programming. After those are done it'll be nothing but performance mods.

I have an L86 sitting in my shop but not ready to do that swap just yet because I wanna do a cam, ported heads before the install so it will have to wait until that time.

RT

Man just say f--- it and build a stroker motor out of it.

Some of us just dream bigger I guess, huh, RT?

I guess.... I perfer stripped trucks so a WT fits my needs because I don't need 10K worth of shit that I don't need! LMAO!!! I don't like that stupid onstar antenna on the top of the cab either, no need for touch screen BS or navi (because I know where the hell im going), chrome bumpers,grilles, techie BS either and I hate Double Cabs and Crews. So basically this is my daily hotrod and it's paid for on top of all. I think back to the days when you could litterally order a (plain white wraper) car with deleted radio, A/C, Heater and stripped to the bone and get the Biggest fvckin engine produced but sadly those days are long gone

Unless something change since I bought my 14, all I have to do is put in E-85 in my truck and get within 40 HP of the 6.2. So if I was looking to hot rod a new truck, single cab 5.3 E-85 with a 456 if I could get it after market. I wouldn't go through the trouble of putting a 6.2 in it. Now if I could get a 6.2 for a 2500$ upgrade in a single cab, wouldn't do it I like the option of burning different grades of gas in the 5.3.

Archived