6.2l in a work truck?

real world dollars, not inflated msrp, the difference between an rcsb and your cheapest 6.2 is maybe 10K

So when you're at the dealership buying a 5.3 to do a 6.2 swap, it's like ok I can spend all this time and money doing a 6.2 swap, or I can just buy a 6.2 and get all these nice features.

The 6.2 upgrade itself is not all that expensive from the factory, that essentially boils down to generally not being worth doing a swap afterwards.

There are probably a few hundred thousand 14+ rcsb's running around and I've yet to hear of one with a 6.2 swap, if it were so easy and cheap for everything it probably would have been done by down by hundreds of people.

Good points.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess.... I perfer stripped trucks so a WT fits my needs because I don't need 10K worth of shit that I don't need! LMAO!!! I don't like that stupid onstar antenna on the top of the cab either, no need for touch screen BS or navi (because I know where the hell im going), chrome bumpers,grilles, techie BS either and I hate Double Cabs and Crews. So basically this is my daily hotrod and it's paid for on top of all. I think back to the days when you could litterally order a (plain white wraper) car with deleted radio, A/C, Heater and stripped to the bone and get the Biggest fvckin engine produced but sadly those days are long gone

This is what's great about trucks. Usually there's always something for everyone. Me personally I love options. That heated steering wheel has spoiled me lol!

This is what's great about trucks. Usually there's always something for everyone. Me personally I love options. That heated steering wheel has spoiled me lol!

i wish i could have gotten a 6.2 8speed in my LT truck it has close to everything but a handful of features.. but the remote start is nice. i dont think i could ever get into a leather truck. all cloth seats which is nice (i have a 60lb dog) and leather and his feet dont mix.

Archived