What new technology would like to see in these trucks?

So what would you like to see developed for these new trucks?

I know that there are several things that are already available on other vehicles, that isn't what this thread is about. This is supposed to be about other technology that can be imported from cells phone apps, computers, or even isn't out there yet.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one would like to see an app that gives road information that is beyond just a map. The information that I needed for those of us the tow bigger/longer trailers are bridge weights, underpass heights restrictions and length restrictions. This would be very helpful especially for those with 2500s, 3500s, and 4500s since they are more likely to tow the larger heavier vehicles.

i switch to turn off TC and Stability. in snow, when you know how to drive, it makes it aggravating when i correct out of reflex and the truck fights me. and, in deep snow you need the wheel spin.

TBH, I'd like less technology. I like to drive. I don't want my truck to park itself, drive itself, or do anything itself. I can handle it. :nopity: Do I sound old?

^^ This.

i switch to turn off TC and Stability. in snow, when you know how to drive, it makes it aggravating when i correct out of reflex and the truck fights me. and, in deep snow you need the wheel spin.

I agree 100% with this!

In all seriousness, a much more well integrated radio/nav system that gets updated much more frequently via wireless (cell or wifi).

There's no excuse that validates why my $500 phone can outperform the system in my $50,000 truck.

Waze integration, for example - real time rerouting based on traffic and obstacles, heads up for speed traps, potholes, road hazards, etc. And more importantly it updates every so often when roads are opened/closed, etc. Waze integration would make the best navigation system on the market, easily.

Also, I'd love to have a default equalizer on the stereo - let me tweak how the stereo sounds a bit more to my liking. And tie it to each source - the settings for my XM Radio that make NFL Radio sound great ends up sucking for music off the iPod, so I want to be able to tweak them individually. My old stereo had that, it worked perfectly.

As for the "babysitting" stuff like traction control, lane change assist, parking assist, etc - give me a single "off" switch. I don't want to have to hit three or four separate buttons when I want to have some fun in my truck off-road - I feel like a pilot doing a cockpit pre-check. "Disengage traction control, disable front and rear proximity warnings..."

Also for tech how about better air-ride suspensions? How about from a mechanical standpoint we get a turbodiesel? 10 speed transmissions? Better headlights? A larger rearview mirror?

My truck is as tricked out as any vehicle I've owned, but I'd sure hope GM would perfect the existing technologies before moving to newer/better. This truck with an earned reliability reputation like Toyota's would outsell Ford and Ram combined.

Archived