Wider tires slinging mud etc

My trucks tires are a few inches wider then the fenders. I like the look but I do notice it slings water, mud, etc. potentially rocks?? all down my truck... I do plan on getting a nice ceramic modesta wax from my pal, but I dont want a scratched up truck bc my wide tires are slinging rocks...

I guess I could go with wider fenders(would rather not).. or do xpel in those few areas.. or narrower tires.. haha

Anyone have any other suggestions?

fyi my truck:

'17 slt z71 4x4 fabtech 6" performance kit with 35x12.5 toyo at2's on 20x10 sprockets

My trucks tires are a few inches wider then the fenders. I like the look but I do notice it slings water, mud, etc. potentially rocks?? all down my truck... I do plan on getting a nice ceramic modesta wax from my pal, but I dont want a scratched up truck bc my wide tires are slinging rocks...

I guess I could go with wider fenders(would rather not).. or do xpel in those few areas.. or narrower tires.. haha

Anyone have any other suggestions?

fyi my truck:

'17 slt z71 4x4 fabtech 6" performance kit with 35x12.5 toyo at2's on 20x10 sprockets

It's just the name of the game with wider tires/ negative offset wheels. Having running boards helps some. Other than that treat your truck to a nice ceramic coating so that it sheds dirt and grime well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Oversized mud flaps may help, if you do not want to get fender flares. I got these Gatorbak ones and I love them. My wheels don't stick out much past the fender but I wanted to get something that would stop all the crap kicking up down the side of my truck.

You can add fender flares, step bars that protect your rocker panels, and change your wheels. Do you know the offset/backspacing of your current wheels? Most lift kits require wheels with less backspacing than factory, but yours may be sticking out more than necessary.

It's just the cost of looking bad ass!

Imo adding big flares or mud flaps ruin the look.

Funny, I and many others think the other way. Tires sticking out look silly and ruin the look (as well as damaging the truck). It is like the people didn't do their homework and got the incorrect rim off set. Not to mention it adds stress to wheel bearings and other suspension components and can cause premature failures.

Adding flares that make the wheels actually sit flush look good and mud flaps aren't bad. To each their own, that look is in the same category as cali style, I keep thinking next they want to lift the front higher than the rear and just haven't had the funds for it yet...

Tyler

Funny, I and many others think the other way. Tires sticking out look silly and ruin the look (as well as damaging the truck). It is like the people didn't do their homework and got the incorrect rim off set. Not to mention it adds stress to wheel bearings and other suspension components and can cause premature failures.

Adding flares that make the wheels actually sit flush look good and mud flaps aren't bad. To each their own, that look is in the same category as cali style, I keep thinking next they want to lift the front higher than the rear and just haven't had the funds for it yet...

Tyler

I agree; everyone has their own opinion of what looks good. And that's good, or else all our trucks would look the same. I like my mud flaps but I definitely think some look bad/don't fit some trucks. That's why I researched a lot and found ones I liked and thought went well with the style of my truck. :)

Truck looks good TT32 IMO adding some OE style fender flares will help some and not detract from the looks. Understand your problem and the reason I traded in my black All Terrain it never seemed to be clean. Hand washed it myself once a week weather permitting and waxed it 10 times during my 14 months of ownership. Would go over it 2 times a week with Zymol Detailer to take off the dust. Black color on the truck just wore me out. Although when clean nothing matches the looks.

I just took off my own chrome stepbars for the cool amp power stepbars ha.

The wheels are 20x10 -19 I believe. So ya they stick out some..

Hmm.. not sure what I'm going to do

Thanks guys

Your wheels are your biggest problem. At 10" wide and -19 offset, they're sticking out farther than necessary. If you like the look, then you'll have to deal with the negative effects.

Truck looks good TT32 IMO adding some OE style fender flares will help some and not detract from the looks. Understand your problem and the reason I traded in my black All Terrain it never seemed to be clean. Hand washed it myself once a week weather permitting and waxed it 10 times during my 14 months of ownership. Would go over it 2 times a week with Zymol Detailer to take off the dust. Black color on the truck just wore me out. Although when clean nothing matches the looks.

Thanks! Ive been looking at the fender flares.. looks like bushwacker makes an extend a fender(dont like) and a pocket fender(looks okay). does anyone make one like the black widow that follows the lines and sinks into that pocket, covering the oe fender.?? I dont see anyone that sells the blk widow fenders.

I like the Extend A Fender more than the Pocket Flare by Bushwacker but both are too large for my taste. For a subtle appearance I would go with the OE Bushwacker Part No: 40962-02. Another option would be the PSI Black OE style ones on eBay, they run way less coin than the Bushwackers.

Archived