Sign in to follow this  
jonleon

Gm Paint warranty?

Does anybody know if their is some kind of warranty for peeling paint for sierras? I bought a 2013 gmc sierra 2 months ago from a dealership local to me with 45k the truck looks and smells brand new still. But the roof has 2 spots on it near the front windshield weather strip that has peeled. Its peeled the paint only and the primer is exposed. So clearly the paint is incompatible with the paint. I tried searching online and got unclear answers. I know gms have had issues with this in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol GM paint warranty, they're going to say it was caused by a rock or a bad windshield change somewhere other than the stealership! The only thing I trust a dealer for is to sell me expensive parts, that I can guaranty.

Edited by Coby7

It will be warrantied if the paint really is not sticking. The problem, there are so many dipshi#$ out there that try to work the system that (at our shop anyways) we never give people the benefit of the doubt. 99% of the time, there's a reason the paint is peeling, chips etc... And if the people aren't dicks about it, we will usually help them out anyway we can.

Yah i get what your saying. I had one spot that chipped maybe a month after purchase and I bought the color match pen to fix it and thought maybe it was bad luck. 2nd spot peeled off just a few days ago. Kinda bummed me out

I bought a 2013 gmc sierra 2 months ago from a dealership local to me

Why not ask where you bought it?

Why not ask where you bought it?

when the first chip popped up I called the salesman and asked him directly. He basically said I was on my own. Its not a hole in the wall dealer either it was a Land Rover/jaguar dealership.