Muffler recommendations

After trying 2 exhaust systems and not liking them, I am glad I didn't cut my stock exhaust. Find a stock exhaust Craigslist first, then start trying different combos of mufflers

I've had 5 different mufflers on my truck.

Stock OEM muffler

Magnaflow 18"

Magnaflow 14"

Flowmaster 40

Flowmaster 10

With all the $$$ spent on those mufflers I could have had a high dollar cat-back!!! :nonod:

(Live-n-Learn) :dunno:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had 5 different mufflers on my truck.

Stock OEM muffler

Magnaflow 18"

Magnaflow 14"

Flowmaster 40

Flowmaster 10

With all the $$$ spent on those mufflers I could have had a high dollar cat-back!!! :nonod:

(Live-n-Learn) :dunno:

Luster isn't it 6? IIRC you also had a 22" Magnaflow for a bit.

Double post

Luster isn't it 6? IIRC you also had a 22" Magnaflow for a bit.

Double post

Haha... yeah I think the 18 was a 22, then went with the 14. ;-)

You will get a lot of different opinions on this subject. YouTube has a lot of different videos with different mufflers. I just put a Carven tr on my 14 silverado and removed the flapper and resonator and love the sound and almost zero drone. I have a video on YouTube listed under Carven TR muffler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I just put the carven tr muffler on my 16. I left the rear resonator because I didn't want drone. But if I can take it off I will. And how loud is it because I don't want loud

I do have a dynomax mini muffler I bought I could out in place of the resonator to quiet it down a little

Because it will give you a good idea with it off.. if you can handle it then remove it... but if it's too much then you have it already on..

Makes sense. Did not think of it that way. What makes the xr1 round better than the oval? I have been curious of this for a while now and have not had any luck finding an answer.

Makes sense. Did not think of it that way. What makes the xr1 round better than the oval? I have been curious of this for a while now and have not had any luck finding an answer.

Don't know I've never tried the oval... I wanted a 3.5 inlet from borla and I wanted about the same length of a muffler and I picked the xr1 multicore part# 40722.. pricey but we'll Werth it

I spend days upon days reading up on the different exhaust systems for my truck (before I even had it). Listened to about 300 different exhaust clips (fabricated number but every one I could find)

I picked up my 2017 Sierra Denali 6.2L Tuesday evening & had it at my buddy's shop wed morning at 9am.

I deleted the muffler & flapper valve, replaced with a straight pipe but retained the 3 cats & resonator. When it starts up it's got a mean little grown but then relaxes into a nice idle.

Daily driving it's subtle and easy to drive with highway or city. And when you want to be noticed you step into the accelerator and people notice it! For even more fun drop a gear or two as you are coming to a stop, sounds amazing!

I was doing some "spirited driving" today and had an older gentleman (65 to 70 approx) roll his window down at the lights and tell me "real nice truck, sounds like a corvette!!" I told him that the 6.2L is based off a corvette motor and he smiled, told me he was a little jealous, and asked me to floor it when the light went green. I obliged ! Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived