2019 Chevrolet Silverado Photographed During Cold Weather Testing

Zane

The grille, from what I can see under the giant tarp they put all over the damn thing, looks like a Dodge. Tail lights look like a Ford. Can't really tell anything from looking at this thing. Looks like a child dressed for a sub-zero day in New England ...

I'm no fan of technology. I have zero use for any of it, really. I was one of the last people on earth to get a cell phone and a computer. Hell, I still carry my '08 flip phone, and will until I can't find a replacement. So, what do I need in a truck?

#1. It needs to start and run, and do so WITHOUT fail .. and for at least 15 years if you expect me to pay a year's salary for it.

#2. As I age, I find I need A/C and a comfortable ride. Some great handling and brakes would work too. I need a radio. That's IT.

#3. Power. The more the merrier ... unless you (GM) need to cheap out on stuff and make the once great engine break constantly.

#4. Since I'm paying an obscene amount of money for the thing, it should look good, plus stay dent free and rust free for 20 years MINIMUM.

#5. This is MANDATORY with NO EXCUSES. ALL working componets of the vehicle should be engineered in a way for ease of repair, diagnosis, and maintenance. If your own technicians can't figure out what they build, then, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Do this, and I'll be the first in line, and I'll take back every bad thing I've said about you (GM) the past 9 years. Don't do this, and my position stands. I'll run my '07 straight into the ground, and only stop driving it when my communist state government tells me I can't, and threatens me with bank account rape.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who sees what seem to be four piston front calipers? They don't look like the typical 2 piston design they have used up until now on all full size trucks and suv's.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

They are using 4 piston on the midsize so finally the full size gets the upgrade

I tried to zoom on the tires....the tread looks like duratracs but I can't see sidewall lugs like the duratracs have

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The tires has the duratrac thread pattern but it doesn't have the raised sidewalls on the top. I am thinking its a special tire going to be used on these trucks, especially the Z71...

Right now the trucks has goodyear sra's they are quite different from the sra you can go buy at a local tire store.

If GM offered 4:30 gears in their 1500, they would probably do worse than Toyota. There was a towing test done with 5,000 pounds between a Chev 1500 and a Tundra, all the gimmicks only got 2 mpg better loaded , with less Power - 5.3 vs 5.7.

Extra cost, extra issues once the PCV system plugs up with oil. How many 300,000 mile AFM trucks are on the road that have never been apart? I know of many oil drinking AFM trucks. No thanks.

Add a Twin Turbo 3.6 to the line up, and make the 6.2 a NON AFM engine.

Toyota builds a beefier truck than the 1500. Bigger rear diff, 4:30 gears for the 5.7 and that engine can be had in any trim level. It is built to tow and work.

3:08 have no business in a truck, but for that matter 3:42 are near pathetic too - 3:73 should be the minimum.

That's interesting. So, you don't think the AFM truck can make it 200,000-300,000 miles without major issues? If it doesn't, I'm screwed. :nonod:

My AFM engine started puffing blue out the exhaust on startup at 20k miles. Started burning oil at 50k.

That's interesting. So, you don't think the AFM truck can make it 200,000-300,000 miles without major issues? If it doesn't, I'm screwed. :nonod:

I believe that there will still be a fair amount of trucks with it that do make it that long, but there won't be as many as before. It has come a long way from the beginning though so anything is possible.

I agree with the one that said this looks like a comparison with a F-150 in disguise. This thing screams F-150, I get they may be trying to throw people off but between the tailgate, horizontal lines on the door windows, oval, etc this looks F-150 to me

I agree with the one that said this looks like a comparison with a F-150 in disguise. This thing screams F-150, I get they may be trying to throw people off but between the tailgate, horizontal lines on the door windows, oval, etc this looks F-150 to me

Keep in mind that there is an entire niche industry dedicated to new vehicle prototype camouflage to generate EXACTLY those responses. The work they put into it is actually quite amazing.

If it's a new camouflaged Ford, why does it have different wheels and the bumper exhaust? The F150 mid cycle refresh has already been revealed.

Yea I do. 2020 can't get here soon enough

Ryan B.

Are you waiting til 2020 Ryan. I don't think I can wait that long! My 2011 might be gone sooner rather than later!

That's my plan. If the 2020s come out in the summer of 19 it may be sooner. Want those first ear issues worked out. I just hit 70K in my 2010 yesterday. Working on doing a little saving

Ryan B.

I agree with Ryan . I bought a early build 2014 and between the recalls and first year bugs I plan on waiting too . If I don't like the new design then I will buy a late year 2018. Should be a ton of rebates on those !

I agree with Ryan . I bought a early build 2014 and between the recalls and first year bugs I plan on waiting too . If I don't like the new design then I will buy a late year 2018. Should be a ton of rebates on those !

i had an 08 vortec max and while I loved the truck it was a total piece of crap. I won a lemon law on it. I'd never buy a 1st year GM and I'd even be nervous about a 2nd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived