will 305/55/r20s fit?

I'm new to the site, and I need a little advice.

I have a 2017 GMC sierra SLT and love it, I just purchased some Toyo Open Country RTs in 305/55/r20 Size. I plan to use the stock SLT 20 inch rims, will the procomp 2.25 inch level be enough to clear this tire size without any rubbing? I'm thinking it will, but now I am questioning it and need to see if anyone else has ran the same setup or something really close,

Thanks so much!

Considering it's odd to find people running that wide of tire on stock wheels, I'd assume there's going to be a good bit of rubbing on sway bar/uca.

You'd need less offset, at least +18 or lower, +15 may even be the sweet spot. Stock wheels are a very large offset, I believe around the +27ish range. That high of an offset tucks the tires in quite a bit.

If you're determined to stick with the stock wheels, you may be able to solve your problem with small hub-centric spacers. Many people on the forum strongly advise against wheel spacers for safety reasons, and I can't speak for/against them as I have no experience with them myself.

If you rarely ever turn the steering wheel all the way to one direction, you MIIIIGHT be fine. But you'd likely have to make extremely wide turns and recorrect parking situations often since you'll be limited on turning radius.

The reason i'm keeping the stock wheels is because I actually really like the look of the stock wheels that gm puts on these trucks. Ive seen a 2015 slt in person running terrain masters in a 305/55/20 on the same stockies but its hard to say what size level and what other modding might have been done.

Edited by Justin Bowden

Love the look of that!! With those particular tires, how do they sound/feel? Notice much steering difference?

Coming from a 2012 with steelies, I noticed a huge difference in steering (for the better) with the wider tires and smaller sidewall...much more fun. Wondering if with the wider tires, you feel any "shift" when you turn?

Believe it or not these RTS are just hardly louder then the stock tires. So the reviews of these being some of the quietest all terrain tires on the market must be pretty accurate. The steering is pretty much identical to stock, minus the better grip from the RTs. Tad bit stiffer with the level but you only really notice it the first couple times you drive it after install then you adjust.

• Like 1

Nice truck. Even better looking house. I dont know why but I always look at peoples house before the truck. Wrong forum i guess.

Nice truck. Even better looking house. I dont know why but I always look at peoples house before the truck. Wrong forum i guess.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...