Lets Play Guess than noise

hello everyone i could really use your help. first thing i got my 2014 silverado with only 100 miles on it. when i got it i noticed a small noise coming from under the truck. nothing too bad. but the more i drove it it started to get louder and louder. i have taken it back to the dealer 3 times and they tell me nothing is wrong with it that its normal. i think its bull for a truck to sound like that. i have gone under the truck and the noise seems to be coming from where the torque converter is. i have runed across other silverados that have this noise but its very faint. has anyone come across this before. im adding a link with a you tube video i did of the noise. u could hear it from the side of the truck only. not under the hood. it suck such a nice truck and sound like a Volkswagen.

link:

At this point the noise is so loud that i dont know. Motor runs fine. Its started at around 1500 miles. I took it to the dealer and they tell me everything is fine. Motor runs fine smooth. Transmission is a bit clumsy sometimes. Ive opened the hood and its quiet under there. Took it to my brother who is a mechanic told me noise is coming from around torque converter.

If you can duplicate that noise for the dealer ( even if you have to leave it overnight for a cold start) I don't see how they could tell you that is normal with a straight face. If they do, you need to slap the shit out of them. Then ask to start another truck on the lot to compare.

It's not normal but needs to be diagnosed.

When i took it to get checked. I stood outside the truck with the rep and the service manager. They agreed that noise was not normal. The problem is when i get back they tell me that the mechanic found nothing wrong with it. That its all normal and they cant fix whats not broken. Took it to mark christopher chevrolet and to rotolo chevrolet. Same result

Going to try a different dealer on monday. I will post the results

At the new dealer you go to, park you're truck next to another new truck on the lot, walk in, explain what's going on, ask the to bring the keys to the truck your parked next to, and start both trucks to compare.

well no luck. dealer told me that noise is normal and there is nothing they can do. that even gm gave out a bulleting explaining the noises were normal. what are my options.

i was thinking putting some sort of plastic inder the truck kind of like a engine cover to absorb most of the noise.

what do u guys think

well no luck. dealer told me that noise is normal and there is nothing they can do. that even gm gave out a bulleting explaining the noises were normal. what are my options.

i was thinking putting some sort of plastic inder the truck kind of like a engine cover to absorb most of the noise.

what do u guys think

try not to worry about it it goes away I was trying to hear mine today and I could barely even tell

GM is doing everything they can do to as little as they can these days. I've been seeing a lot of threads with the excuse "can't redropuce symptom, or compeletly normal." Sounds like a lifter or a bent valve to me but im on a phone. it's upsetting to know we are paying the highest prices ever for increasingly cheap build quality and poor sevice/warranty.

GM is doing everything they can do to as little as they can these days. I've been seeing a lot of threads with the excuse "can't redropuce symptom, or compeletly normal." Sounds like a lifter or a bent valve to me but im on a phone. it's upsetting to know we are paying the highest prices ever for increasingly cheap build quality and poor sevice/warranty.

No, dealers are doing as little as possible. If they don't see a code thrown or have an obvious TSB issue, they won't look into it. Nobody is going to pay a tech to troubleshoot a knock/tick until the source of thr problem is obvious and GM is footing the bill. It's common acorss the auto industry. Google "Coyote 5.0 knock" and see how many obnoxiously loud 5.0's actually get warrantied for an unidentified knock, despite clearly being a mechanical issue. The answer is not many.

That sounds like the high pressure fuel pump mounted at the back and top of the engine. It seems like I remember seeing a bulletin posted in a thread about the noisy fuel pumps and the fix. I know the search feature is a bit clunky on here but put the phrase in several different ways and you MIGHT find it after a bit of searching

Archived