• 6,305 posts
  • Name:Zane
  • Drives:2011 GMC Sierra

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

2017_Colorado_brochure.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

2/15/2017

Stopping by the local Chevrolet Dealership as a teenager in the late 90's was always a lot of fun. I distinctly remember strolling through the models on display, dreaming and drooling over the Corvette Grand Sport and S-10 ZR2. As I climbed through the display vehicles I also was quite guilty of grabbing the dealer model information books by the armload to obsessively read over later at home.  

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Catalog2.png

Today, these dealership model information books seem like relics of the past. I haven't looked at one in years but imagine my surprise to find out they still get printed to help consumers make buying decisions on the show room floor. Chevrolet also, naturally, publishes them online in digital format. 

Attached File  2017-chevrolet-colorado-catalog.pdf   21.68MB   188 downloads

Click the above link to download the entire 2017 Colorado Dealer Brochure

As you "flip" through the book and read the details, it seems like all of the information is standard fare and widely known. But it turns out we can find a nice little new nugget of information about the all new ZR2 buried in the details. 

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Catalog1.png

The footnote for the colors page reads "Deepwood Green Metallic ...ZR2 Only". And that's how today we learned that the ZR2's unique shade of green has a name and you'll be able to buy it for yourself. Ahh, brings back old memories. 

DeepwoodGreenMetallic_ZR2.jpg

Credit: Joseph K on the Colorado ZR2 Facebook Group

#2 Gorehamj

Gorehamj

News Contributor

• Contributing Writer
  • 583 posts
  • Name:John Goreham
  • Drives:16 Subaru Forester, '07 Highlander V6 AWD

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:02 PM

I have the dealer catalog for every car I ever owned (including a 1969 Fury) except one ('79 Supra).  I still look at them sometimes.  

#3 KLRV6

KLRV6

Enthusiast

• 84 posts
  • Drives:2015 Shake and Bake Silverado

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

It needs at least a 4.3 in it. It would be at another level if a turbo 4.3 could be had.

#4 Daryl Z71

Daryl Z71

Like A Rock

• 9,821 posts
  • Name:Daryl
  • Drives:2006 Silverado Z71

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

I remember grabbing those brochures too. Good times.

2006 Silverado Z71

Signature_zps5osnuzqx.jpg

#5 chebbyfan

chebbyfan

Enthusiast

• 83 posts
  • Name:Les
  • Drives:2015 Silverado HD

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

Would LOVE to see one with a 5.3 like they put in the previous Colorado.  With that combo, you'd have a real sport truck!!

2015 HD2500 Crew and love it!! - 1990 1500 Sport-toy - 1999 K1500-work truck
2011 Toyota Venza-wife's ride - 2006 Yamaha Grizz - 2009 Yamaha Raptor 700
2008 Polaris Outlaw 90 for the boy

#6 mookdoc6

mookdoc6

Enthusiast

• 637 posts
  • Name:Mook
  • Drives:2016 GMC Sierra SLT CC

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Unfortunately for me....The last couple vehicles have been sold with, "sorry don't have and literature on that" Another example of GM's Struggle, Dealer etc...Communication really the customer should not have to do any of that.

On this last 2016 GMC Sierra I had to call the Dealer the next day and Inquire where is the Owners manual? They couldn't believe it or could I.......

#7 CapitalTruck

CapitalTruck

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,537 posts
  • Drives:'13 Silverado Ext. Cab. 4wd 4.8L

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

2/15/2017

Stopping by the local Chevrolet Dealership as a teenager in the late 90's was always a lot of fun. I distinctly remember strolling through the models on display, dreaming and drooling over the Corvette Grand Sport and S-10 ZR2. As I climbed through the display vehicles I also was quite guilty of grabbing the dealer model information books by the armload to obsessively read over later at home.  

Today, these dealership model information books seem like relics of the past. I haven't looked at one in years but imagine my surprise to find out they still get printed to help consumers make buying decisions on the show room floor. Chevrolet also, naturally, publishes them online in digital format. 

Click the above link to download the entire 2017 Colorado Dealer Brochure

As you "flip" through the book and read the details, it seems like all of the information is standard fare and widely known. But it turns out we can find a nice little new nugget of information about the all new ZR2 buried in the details. 

The footnote for the colors page reads "Deepwood Green Metallic ...ZR2 Only". And that's how today we learned that the ZR2's unique shade of green has a name and you'll be able to buy it for yourself. Ahh, brings back old memories. 

Credit: Joseph K on the Colorado ZR2 Facebook Group

You and me both buddy. I still have a couple crates of those hand outs.  Such cars as the great Chevy Corsica, etc.

CapitalTruck's Current Ride:

2013 Chevrolet Silverado Ext. Cab 4x4 LS 4.8L Purchased New 5/2013 - Currently with 50,000 miles

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users