Sign in to follow this  
Zane

First Look At 2017 Colorado Dealer Catalog Provides New ZR2 Info

2017_Colorado_brochure.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

2/15/2017

Stopping by the local Chevrolet Dealership as a teenager in the late 90's was always a lot of fun. I distinctly remember strolling through the models on display, dreaming and drooling over the Corvette Grand Sport and S-10 ZR2. As I climbed through the display vehicles I also was quite guilty of grabbing the dealer model information books by the armload to obsessively read over later at home.

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Catalog2.png

Today, these dealership model information books seem like relics of the past. I haven't looked at one in years but imagine my surprise to find out they still get printed to help consumers make buying decisions on the show room floor. Chevrolet also, naturally, publishes them online in digital format.

2017-chevrolet-colorado-catalog.pdf

Click the above link to download the entire 2017 Colorado Dealer Brochure

As you "flip" through the book and read the details, it seems like all of the information is standard fare and widely known. But it turns out we can find a nice little new nugget of information about the all new ZR2 buried in the details.

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Catalog1.png

The footnote for the colors page reads "Deepwood Green Metallic ...ZR2 Only". And that's how today we learned that the ZR2's unique shade of green has a name and you'll be able to buy it for yourself. Ahh, brings back old memories.

DeepwoodGreenMetallic_ZR2.jpg

Credit: Joseph K on the Colorado ZR2 Facebook Group

• Like 3

I have the dealer catalog for every car I ever owned (including a 1969 Fury) except one ('79 Supra). I still look at them sometimes.

It needs at least a 4.3 in it. It would be at another level if a turbo 4.3 could be had.

I remember grabbing those brochures too. Good times.

• Like 1

Would LOVE to see one with a 5.3 like they put in the previous Colorado. With that combo, you'd have a real sport truck!!

Unfortunately for me....The last couple vehicles have been sold with, "sorry don't have and literature on that" Another example of GM's Struggle, Dealer etc...Communication really the customer should not have to do any of that.

On this last 2016 GMC Sierra I had to call the Dealer the next day and Inquire where is the Owners manual? They couldn't believe it or could I.......

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

2/15/2017

Stopping by the local Chevrolet Dealership as a teenager in the late 90's was always a lot of fun. I distinctly remember strolling through the models on display, dreaming and drooling over the Corvette Grand Sport and S-10 ZR2. As I climbed through the display vehicles I also was quite guilty of grabbing the dealer model information books by the armload to obsessively read over later at home.

Today, these dealership model information books seem like relics of the past. I haven't looked at one in years but imagine my surprise to find out they still get printed to help consumers make buying decisions on the show room floor. Chevrolet also, naturally, publishes them online in digital format.

Click the above link to download the entire 2017 Colorado Dealer Brochure

As you "flip" through the book and read the details, it seems like all of the information is standard fare and widely known. But it turns out we can find a nice little new nugget of information about the all new ZR2 buried in the details.

The footnote for the colors page reads "Deepwood Green Metallic ...ZR2 Only". And that's how today we learned that the ZR2's unique shade of green has a name and you'll be able to buy it for yourself. Ahh, brings back old memories.

Credit: Joseph K on the Colorado ZR2 Facebook Group

You and me both buddy. I still have a couple crates of those hand outs. Such cars as the great Chevy Corsica, etc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      1-17-2018

The Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 has earned Cars.com's Pickup Truck of 2018 Award. The Colorado was joined by the Silverado 3500 HD as a nominee. Mark Williams of Cars.com in his write up of the ZR2’s win said the ZR2 is, “…the most distinctive vehicle that's come along in years.” Williams went on to say that besides its off-road capabilities, Cars.com testers were also impressed with, “…how well it does standard pickup truck work, like hauling 1,200 pounds or more of payload in the bed or towing a 5,000-pound trailer off the bumper." That must be one heck of a bumper! We typically tow using the trailer hitch, but that's just us being silly.  

Paul Edwards, U.S. Vice President, Chevrolet Marketing, commented on the win by the ZR2, saying “…ZR2 builds on the boldness of the Colorado program. Our midsize truck line has defied naysayers by selling more than 300,000 trucks in three years, and ZR2 adds forward-looking technology and innovation to the recipe to reach an entirely new group of off-road enthusiast customers.” By “Naysayers”, Edwards is referring to the knuckleheads at RAM and Ford who have sat out the midsize truck explosion for the past half-decade, missing out on literally millions of vehicle sales as a result of that poor planning.

Image Note: Mark Williams (left) presents the Cars.com award to Chevy's Global Communications Executive Director, Joe Jacuzzi.
    • By Zane
      So, now that everyone has gotten a look at which trim levels Chevy will offer for 2019 on the Silverado..quick poll! 
    • By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor / Publisher, GM-Trucks.com
      1/13/18

Chevrolet will live stream its official introduction of the next generation 2019 Chevrolet Silverado tonight at 6pm (Saturday, January 13th, 2018). Join us here to discuss the event as it unfolds live. I've embedded the live stream into this thread so it's easy to find and watch. See you here tonight!

EDIT: Now that the stream is over, check out an overview of the eight trim levels that the 2019 Silverado comes in.

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor / Publisher, GM-Trucks.com
      11/13/18

Hot off the press, Chevrolet just dropped a ton of new photos and info that we've all be waiting for. Here's your quick rundown of the eight trim levels that you'll be able to choose from when you buy your next Silverado. 

Didn't see Chevy's Livestream Unveiling of the 2019 Silverado? Watch it Here!

2019 Silverado 1500 Trim Levels

Work Truck features “CHEVROLET” graphic across the grille and tailgate, blacked-out trim and 17-inch steel wheels for maximum durability. The interior features durable vinyl or cloth seats and 7-inch color touch screen.

Custom features a body-color styling theme, 20-inch painted aluminum wheels, LED signature taillamps and available integrated dual exhaust.

Custom Trailboss (new for 2019) adds off-road equipment to the Custom, including a 2-inch suspension lift and the Z71 Off Road Package with a locking rear differential, skid plates, Rancho shocks, 18-inch wheels and Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires.

LT features chrome accents on the bumpers, front grille and mirror caps, Chevrolet bowtie in the grille, LED reflector headlamps and signature daytime running lights. The interior features an 8-inch color touch screen and available leather seating surfaces

RST (new for 2019) brings a street-performance appearance to the LT, with body-color trim, full LED lighting (foglamps, headlamps and taillamps) and up to 22-inch wheels with all-season tires.

LT Trailboss (new for 2019) adds off-road equipment to the LT, including a 2-inch suspension lift and the Z71 Off Road Package, including locking rear differential, skid plates, Rancho shocks, 18-inch wheels and Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires.

LTZ features chrome accents on the bumpers, front grille, mirror caps, door handles and hockey-stick beltline as well as power folding and heated outside rearview mirrors. Leather interior trim is standard equipment.

High Country features an exclusive front grille design with two-tone chrome and bronze finish, body-color accents plus chrome assist steps from wheel to wheel. It also includes the power up/down tailgate as standard equipment. 

2019 Silverado Interior

2019 Silverado Additional Photos

The all-new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado is up to 450 pounds lighter than the previous model through the use of mixed materials.  Featuring fixed steel body components and aluminum swing panels (doors, hood, tailgate) the body is up to 88 pounds lighter.

The all-new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado features a fully boxed steel frame that is 88 pounds lighter than its predecessor, while offering 10 percent greater torsional rigidity. Eighty percent of the frame is made of high-strength steel varying from 2 to 5 millimeters in thickness, and every millimeter is optimized for performance using a variety of processes, including hydroforming, roll forming, conventional stamping and tailor-rolled blanking.