New w/t as a daily ????

Drive my '16 2500hd to work every day, usually around 55 miles one way. Getting 13.5 mpg, adds up, but it's a 3/4 ton pick up, good gas milage not expected. Ride is fine, but I'm a truck guy, a little rough is ok for the capability of the truck itself.

I use my trucks for work and drive them daily as well. I figure it is better to have one vehicle to work and play with rather than two as the insurance and fuel will eat up more money for playing with. I had a '15 1500 which was great for play and a bit light for work. I decided to go 2500hd and it uses more fuel but certainly doesn't use so much to cover another vehicle with insurance and fuel/ maintenance so I feel I'm ahead.

My 2500HD gasser is my daily driver. Work is 30 miles, round trip. I've been daily driving trucks for years, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm averaging around 12 mpg right now, and it should get better as it gets broken in. My old 1500 only averaged around 15 on the same trip, so I'm pretty happy. The HD is a whole lot more truck!

Archived