Hi guys,

Got a 2016 Sierra 1500 All Terrain X, all stock, no level.

I don't understand much about wheel and tire dimensions, wheel offset, etc. I need advice on a wheel combo I have seen on Dodge Ram that looked sick.

1. Will this wheel and tire combo fit each other?
  2. What offset do I need? I don't mind if it sticks out past the fenders a bit.
  3. Do I need a level? Front only? Front and back? Shock/body level? Can I get away with no level?
  4. What other questions should I be asking?

Found the specs here https://www.wheel-size.com/size/gmc/sierra-1500/2016/#trim-53i-usdm

Truck

Bolt Pattern: 6/139.7mm (6/5.5in)

Offset: 24mm

What I found.

The wheel and tire combo

Ruffino Brute 2: 20 x 9 with 6/139.7 bolt pattern. Offsets available -12, 0 and 12

http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Ruffino/BRUTE+II/Painted/Gloss+Black/Machined+Face

Federal Courgia M/T 33x12.5

https://www.tires-easy.com/33-12.50-20/federal-tires/couragia-m-t/tirecode/46QC0AFE

Edited by AllTerrainX

Wrong bolt pattern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the bolt pattern? I can't find anything else.

What is the bolt pattern? I can't find anything else.

6x5.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

139.7 mm = 5.5"

• Like 3

Customoffsets.com allows you to sort by diameter, width, bolt pattern, and offset to find something you like. You aren't going to fit a 33" without a leveling kit.

As far as offsets, the lower the offset, the more it will stick out. Every 12mm is about 1/2".

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Assuming the wheels fit would do the +12 offset and yes with the 33's you will need to level the front. My truck on Toyo RT 33X12.5X20's with stock +27 offset wheels rubs when reversing and turning right.

Assuming the wheels fit would do the +12 offset and yes with the 33's you will need to level the front. My truck on Toyo RT 33X12.5X20's with stock +27 offset wheels rubs when reversing and turning right.

So yours tucks in just over 1/2" more then +12. With +12 sticking out more, is there more of a chance of it rubbing then?

Less chance of yours rubbing on the UCA or sway bar at full lock.

• Like 1

Less chance of yours rubbing on the UCA or sway bar at full lock.

Thanks! I wonder if the +0 or -12 offset might be too much?

Less offset will give more space to UCA and sway bar but push your tires closer to the inner fender increasing chances of rubbing there.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 14GMCZ71
      I purchased 4 GoodYear Wrangler DuraTrac Tires today in the OEM size on my truck - 275/55R20.

At 20,000 miles I didn't like the look of the SRA's for the upcoming Ohio winter.  Here are some photos.

FYI - I drive my truck about 6,000 - 7,000 miles per year.

• By Clayton6499
      I'm new to the forum. I've been pouring over quite a few of the level lift threads and I've decided on the rough country 2.5 level lift for my 2014 Gmc Sierra 4x4 crew cab. I traded the factory 18s for a set of stock 20s off the All terrain editions. After reading a bunch, I've come to the conclusion I'm getting either a set of 275/65r20 tires or a set 305/55r20. I've seen a lot of good pics of the 305s bit not a whole ton of pictures of the 275s. I like the fact the 275s seem to fill the wheel wells better since they are taller, but I'm worried they won't look as good since they are a bit thinner tire. Anybody on here ran both sizes or seen both in person or have friends running these setups? It's a big purchase and I don't want to regret it afterwards. Opinions and pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    • By GMC Kennedy
      Looking for recommendations on tire/ wheel set up for my 2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab, I will not be doing anything to the suspension ( no level or lift).  I want to keep that stock for now.  I have the chrome clad 20 inch wheel with the 275/55/20 tire.  Thinking about black or black and chrome wheels and maybe running them on the Falkin Wildpeak AT3Ws.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Attached is a pic of my truck, all stock right now.

• By Xplane_Urself
      As the title states, I'm starting to research some lift kit options for an old 2003 Bow-Tie. It's an extended cab stock z71 off road package with brand new BFG 265/75r16 tires. What I'm attempting to get out of this forum is discussion from owners of similar models that have gone this route and can give me some personal experiences. There are many options for lifts, but my preference is to lift no more than 4" and most ideally, just a 2" or 3" lift. I don't really want a leveling kit, but am open to suggestions from all areas. If I were to rank my vehicle knowledge, I would place myself as a 4/10.

Possible lift options
      Zone 2" lift Rough Country Leveling Kit I'd also like an explanation on torsion keys vs suspension lifts (I don't plan on doing a suspension lift) so that I have a better understanding of what to expect to be careful with. I know torsion keys are going to extend the depth of the suspension and cause the shocks to not be able to travel as far, but I'd accept a rougher ride as a sacrifice for running bigger tires and having higher clearance.

Here are some pictures of the truck I've bought (no I didn't pay the sticker price).

Thanks guys