2016 2500HD Denali roof leak

• 9 months later...

I haven't been on here in awhile but wanted to come back and say, yup, the sharkfin leaked AGAIN! Supposedly got it "fixed" again yesterday. We'll see since we had a pretty good rain overnight last night. 

Supposedly there is a "new" fix that involves a different torque spec on the nut and applying seam sealant...somewhere.  I don't know if any of this is for a service bulletin, but here is what is on my invoice - " Cause corrected. 3480548 RD 1.3 Doc ID#4828810". Covered under warranty so that part's good.

Fingers crossed.

• 5 weeks later...

I’m going through a water leak issue right now on my brand new 2018. Very frustrating. It’s currently at the dealership for the second time now. The first time they claim the third tail light and they also found a body seam to be leaking as well. 

was putting in new floor mats on my new to me (3 weeks old) 15 sierra with 60,000 and sure as shit the entire floor front back and both sides is quite wet! i do not see any water stains on the headliner, i do NOT have a sun roof, the cab vents are not missing,  i did notice the driver side a little wet when i took delivery but they said its must be from them shampooing the carpets for delivery detail.... the dealer is out of state about 6 hours drive. this truck is not a daily driver it has been sitting for 2 weeks!! where did this water come from!!! so disgusted!!!! the money you pay for these trucks and the shit you get for a product. shout be illegal!! 

• 8 months later...

I just had the TSB done to mine. They replaced the onstar Antennae and add sealant. The new Onstar Antenna seal is redesigned I see it now has the water drain towards the windshield instead towards the back of the truck. It was TSB 17-NA-214 and it covers up to 2018  dated FEB 14 2018. This bulletin is for the GMC Sierra trucks and suspect  there is one for Chevy also. I believe only different is that the GMC antennae are body color where the Chevy's are black.

Scott

2016 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD

Edited by nono50

Happened to me too they tightened up the single bolt that holds it down but it seems to be a little loose now because I can turn the antenna when I’m washing the truck but it’s not leaking. But at least it’s on the record that It was already repaired once. This is a common issue with these trucks and don’t understand why they can’t get this fixed before they roll off the line. So I’m going to try to have them replace it with the TSB..Any pictures of the new design?

Edited by EXSlider400