1500 Owner was stopped from putting gas into his diesel truck by atten

Debra in Cali

Seen a guy put K1 in his truck until he caught himself.Asked me what to do and I asked how much he had put in.Said about 4 gallons.Told him to fill all the way up with diesel and drive it and keep topping off with diesel.

I stopped and got gas one day and a kid 16-17 years old pulled up to the pump in a pretty much brand new 2500HD (still had dealer plates on it), lifted, wheels/tires, etc and started pumping gas. His buddy jumped out and asked him why he was putting gas in the truck. The kids face turned all different colors and he goes to cussing up a storm. He called his dad (on speaker phone) at the pump and told him he had put gas in his truck instead of diesel. I heard his dad reply that "the 1st time you did it, I paid for it. The 2nd time you did it, I paid for it. This time it's on you." Seems the kid had put gas in his diesel truck 3 times

I stopped and got gas one day and a kid 16-17 years old pulled up to the pump in a pretty much brand new 2500HD (still had dealer plates on it), lifted, wheels/tires, etc and started pumping gas. His buddy jumped out and asked him why he was putting gas in the truck. The kids face turned all different colors and he goes to cussing up a storm. He called his dad (on speaker phone) at the pump and told him he had put gas in his truck instead of diesel. I heard his dad reply that "the 1st time you did it, I paid for it. The 2nd time you did it, I paid for it. This time it's on you." Seems the kid had put gas in his diesel truck 3 times

The kid doesn't deserve a brand new 2500. He needs to drive a beater car.

The kid doesn't deserve a brand new 2500. He needs to drive a beater car.

As I was finishing up getting gas, I said, "I bet you won't do that again, will you?" and he gave me a GTH look, all while his buddy was laughing. Last time I saw him, he was driving a fairly new Camaro...I guess daddy finally got tired of paying for his little boy's screwups and decided to get him a gas burner. I guess daddy still hasn't learned his lesson though

• 3 weeks later...

Most nozzles on diesel pumps are green and gas pump nozzles are black. Pump usually has three black nozzles for gas and one green nozzle for diesel. Genius that opened a new BP station in my area reversed the colors on his brand new pumps. Three green for gas and one black for diesel. Lots of vehicles got towed out of his station before he corrected the color issue.

Most nozzles on diesel pumps are green and gas pump nozzles are black. Pump usually has three black nozzles for gas and one green nozzle for diesel. Genius that opened a new BP station in my area reversed the colors on his brand new pumps. Three green for gas and one black for diesel. Lots of vehicles got towed out of his station before he corrected the color issue.

I hit a station like that when I was traveling last year. Caught myself before I put gas in my truck. I wonder if they'd pay for a new Duramax b/c their colors were wrong?

Valero (formally Diamond Shamrock) likes to use Yellow labels and nozzle covers to identify their Diesel pumps which one would think should be used to identify E85.

1024x1024.jpg

Same here. Checked and rechecked. Sure enough, green handle on a gas pump.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived