Silverado vs Sierra - Differences?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year I test drove both a '15 2500 HD Duramax Denali and a '15 2500 HD Duramax Silverado High Country. Both beautiful beasts. No difference in comfort or conveniences that I could see; just different colored trucks. Liked the saddle colored seats better on the High Country. That was the difference maker. Love my truck!

The plastic on the GMC bumper does indeed look odd but the hole in the front of the Silverado with the exposed cooler or condenser or whatever it is looks plain bad. It's like they ran out of parts when building it. I had the aftermarket grille to fit in there ordered before I even took delivery of the truck. Now it's sweet!

I prefer the looks of the GMC front end to the Chevy but the Silverado at the dealer just down the street having the exact equipment I wanted won out over the slight difference in looks when they accepted my offer. I am completely pleased with the choice. These are very nice trucks regardless of which one you choose.

Again, thanks everyone for your input! I did notice one difference between the two, the headlights. The Silverado has halogen headlights while the Sierra has HID headlights. So which one seems to be better between the two? I've driven other vehicles with both and I liked the HID lamps but then it was a projector style with really good coverage. Which is important around here because we have a huge deer population and decent headlights are a must!

Again, thanks everyone for your input! I did notice one difference between the two, the headlights. The Silverado has halogen headlights while the Sierra has HID headlights. So which one seems to be better between the two? I've driven other vehicles with both and I liked the HID lamps but then it was a projector style with really good coverage. Which is important around here because we have a huge deer population and decent headlights are a must!

My nephew who had driven late model versions of the Chevs & GMCs thru work, told me over & over again before I ordered my truck that I should get the GMC as the lighting was better. I was w/ my brother & S-I-L when they were looking @ '16s. They told the salesman that the only requirements as per their son (the nephew) that the truck had to be a GMC & have the roof marker lights LOL.

We haven't had the 2 trucks together @ night, so I can't say for sure myself how much better the GMCs are.

The OEM Chev low beams don't seem to have the range that my '11 Chev 2500HD had. The high beams seem OK. I tried LEDs, Probably brighter, but still not the range. I've got a set of HIDs for the low beams. Just waiting for a decent day weather-wise to tear into the project.

The OEM Chev low beams don't seem to have the range that my '11 Chev 2500HD had. The high beams seem OK. I tried LEDs, Probably brighter, but still not the range. I've got a set of HIDs for the low beams. Just waiting for a decent day weather-wise to tear into the project.

My 2011 25HD SLt had EXCELLENT head lights - best I've ever had

Archived