Legacy license plates

• 4 months later...

I have New England Patriots Super Bowl plates on my truck, unfortunately it only represents 3...not sure if Ma has a current version or if they are waiting for after next season so they can have all 6, 3 on the left and 3 of the right to balance it.

5 if you don't count the one they cheated to win ;-) lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm leaning towards the CA Classic Black plates for mine, but I have Personalized Veteran tags from the first time I was out here. I may have to pay some back fees for the Vet tags, since I haven't paid the "retain fees," since I left and went overseas.

Here's mine. In Iowa my registration total is around $750 and the plates are only $5 a year additional ($50 the first year)

2LiXxgb.jpg

Ugh, $750? I am about to get my first registration bill on this truck. Actually need to pay that soon. My '07 was grandfathered in at the $60, so I have a rude awakening.

Your plate is also the wrong color . . .

IA-Iowa-State-University-New-License-Pla

:D:D:D

Do the black CA plates have a repetitive annual fee?

Yes they do.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/wasapp/ipp2/initPers.do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

They fall into the category of "Special Interest and Personalized Plates." Either way, there is an initial fee (Legacy - $50), and an annual fee (Legacy - $40, which is less than the initial fee). Just looked at the cost difference, Veteran Plates are initially $78, and annual $40. I think that that is a deciding factor.

When I went overseas, I had Vet plates on my '99 Grand Am, I may even place them on my truck, NO RETAINMENT FEES for Vet plates (EGLKPR). :cool: I was a F-15 "Eagle" Crew Chief (mechanic). I think that I may only have to pay the $40 annual fee and file the paperwork to attach the plates from there.

Edited by Ravenkeeper