Larger Tires on Stock 17" Rims

I just picked up a 2017 2500 6.0 CC to replace my 2014 5.3 CC. The new truck has the stock 245/75R 17s. At some point, I would like to at least get bigger tires. My last truck had 18s and i really liked that size, but I don't want to spring for rims and tires. We tow a TT and rarely go off the pavement.

Does anyone have a pictures of trucks with larger tires on the stock 17s?

I'm not looking for anything crazy, just a larger tire with a comfortable ride, that runs quiet and will tow well. Any thoughts?

Thanks!! I saw that post as well, not much else on larger tires on 17s. I guess most just upgrade to 18s? I just took delivery, still at around 38 miles on OD. I'm not sure if the dealer would swap at this point since I have taken delivery. I guess I missed that opportunity.

I'm one of the few guys on here that's running larger tires on the stock 17" rims. There's a lot of pics in my build thread, if you want to check it out. In my opinion, 285/75/17 is a perfect size for these trucks. They're 34" tall, but not too wide for the narrow rims. Falken AT3W, Toyo AT2, Nitto Terra Grappler G2, and Cooper AT3 are all available in this size.

If you're not wanting to go that tall, then 285/70/17 would fit easily too (and still look much better than the stock 245's). And, there's all sorts of options in that size.

Have you noticed a big drop in mpg with the larger tires? I saw a picture of your truck in another thread looks good. No issues with tires rubbing, correct?

Correct. No rubbing issues, even with GM splash guards and stock suspension. I really can't comment on the MPG difference because I had the tires swapped out as part of the deal when I bought the truck. I'm averaging around 12 mpg right now, but my speedometer is off by 3.8%....which means that anything the DIC calculates is off that much as well (including mpg).

Archived