GM Borla exhaust measurement help

Does anyone know what the diameter, and length of the bypass pipe on the exhaust flapper valve is on the GM borla exhaust? If anyone has this system could you please measure the bypass pipe for me please. Thank you! I have plans to add it to my exhaust.

post-140674-0-48032400-1487467235.jpg

Thank you for help, but what I was wanting was the measurement of the small (looks like it's a 1 inch diameter) pipe that connects just in front, and reconnects just behind the flapper valve on the GM borla system. I'll try to post a pic of it on my original post. I'm sorry about that.

AWH the GM Borla Exhaust bypass line I can check it out tomorrow if no one gets back with you but it will be on a 6.2. Do you have a 5.3 or 6.2?

6.2l so that would be perfect, thank you! Plus this will be good general information for the people here to know.

Just installed gm borla exhaust on my 2017 slt 6.2.. it does not have the bypass tube,only has the flapper valve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That's interesting. I talked with a Borla technician asking why it was there. They said it was added by GM'S request to allow the flapper to work properly with the lower back pressure the Borla exhaust has. I guess they also felt it would help with the whooshing sound the flapper makes on a louder exhaust. I've never seen one without that pipe. I wonder why they quit doing that? Thank you for pointing that out.

They must've convinced gm it wasn't needed. The reason I'm wanting the measurement is I've done the muffler delete, and left the flapper valve, and resonator intact. I have a slight whooshing/fluttering sound on slight acceleration. My hypothesis is adding the bypass pipe might soften, or stop the whooshing sound by allowing assume of the exhaust a way around the flapper, and allow the flapper to work better in v4 mode.

1.5 OD

8.125 center to center

2.25 height of pipe

Thank you! That's a big help. Now I can have my exhaust shop install this, and see if it helps the whooshing sound of the flapper with the muffler delete.

Archived