6.0 swap exhaust questions.

Depends on what you are swapping into. If it is a 00-07 truck then it can be a pain in the ass. If newer then it will be alright

It would be into my 2000 5.3

I should be able to return the engine. Paid 2100 for complete engine with harness.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With harness and computer it can work. You won't have gauges or transmission control without spending more money on a standalone trans controller and then finding a solution for gauges. Not worth the expense. In all reality if your current truck has a V8, all you really need is the long block. Everything bolts to it. I got a LQ9 long block with everything from the 4.8 on it

With harness and computer it can work. You won't have gauges or transmission control without spending more money on a standalone trans controller and then finding a solution for gauges. Not worth the expense. In all reality if your current truck has a V8, all you really need is the long block. Everything bolts to it. I got a LQ9 long block with everything from the 4.8 on it

His should work, then. The only difference between the LQ4 and LQ9 is compression. Pistons are different to make that happen. Everything else is identical.

His should work, then. The only difference between the LQ4 and LQ9 is compression. Pistons are different to make that happen. Everything else is identical.

He doesn't have an LQ4 though. He has an LY6. A gen 4 engine. Different wiring, differs reluctor ring teeth.

• 1 month later...

M magnaflow dual in/out muffler will work as an x pipe

Swap is done. Only issue I have is a very small header leak and a p0300 random misfire code.

I've checked for vacuum leaks around the intake and every vacuum hose I can see and didn't find anything. Vacuum is pretty steady at idle, mas airflow sensor is working. Both upstream 02's are new. Plugs and wires were replaced last year.

From what I've read so far, I think I need to do the crank variation relearn? Is there anyway I can do this myself or do I need to take it to the dealership?

Alternator quit working at higher rpm. I think that's the issue, only misses around 3000 rpm.

Are you running the OE 5.3 PCM/Wiring?

Archived