Ceiling LED that shines down on cup holders - what kind of bulb?

Hi, I swear I saw a thread about a guy who added a red film in his chevy to make his ceiling LED light red, but now I can't find it or I don't know what its called. maybe someone can point me to that?

I'm trying to figure out what that bulb is in the roof that just shines down on the cup holders at night. Is it just a white bulb with colored lens, or an actual colored bulb?

My wife has a GMC terrain with a similar red light, but its so dim, I'm wondering if i can just replace the bulb with the chevy one. Problem is I have never opened up that overhead console in either my truck or the Terrain. I know they can come off with a couple screws and prying in just the right place.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Hi, I swear I saw a thread about a guy who added a red film in his chevy to make his ceiling LED light red, but now I can't find it or I don't know what its called. maybe someone can point me to that?

I'm trying to figure out what that bulb is in the roof that just shines down on the cup holders at night. Is it just a white bulb with colored lens, or an actual colored bulb?

My wife has a GMC terrain with a similar red light, but its so dim, I'm wondering if i can just replace the bulb with the chevy one. Problem is I have never opened up that overhead console in either my truck or the Terrain. I know they can come off with a couple screws and prying in just the right place.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

I believe they are hardwired into the circuit board that houses the dome light switches and is not easily replaceable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived