I hope I am not breaking the rules

Sean3565

Not always true if garage kept and driven in nice weather. My toy is a 92 Chevy I drive it about once a wk, almost like new. My wife's toy is an 01 Acura intagra type r it could pass as new.

I've never understood wanting to 'keep miles off my truck' odds are you'll wear it out on age before mileage, if I am paying as much as I am for my truck I wanna drive it everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIAT = Fix It Again Tony

Ask me how I know. Former sufferer of a 1976 124 Spyder. I used to call the local towing company when it broke down. After a couple of years, they didn't even have to ask my name, they recognized my voice over the phone. I'd just call and say, "Hey, it's me" and give my location. I'll never forget the time the right front wheel fell off due to broken suspension 20 feet from my apartment driveway. Cost me $150 to have them pick up the front and and shove it 20 feet. If I'd had three big friends we could have carried ti ourselves.

I hope the new ones are better.

Comparing anything from the 70's to now is hardly fair or logical, Fiat has done a great job since the mid 2000's. And it's not like gm has been exceptional until very recently.

We have a 2011 Nissan Versa 6MT for the family and anytime the truck isn't needed. I love it and hope to keep it for daily use even after we eventually get a midsize suv.

And I hope to drive this and any other truck I have as little as possible, I don't like wear and tear just for the heck of it. And when I drive them it feels more special as well.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

My interest got piqued when I read that the 2018 Equinox will have a 1.6L diesel option. Supposedly with a 40 mpg highway. Any "commute" from our house is a minimum 12 miles one way, it could be a viable option for a general purpose transportation vehicle. And good for road trips where no need to haul or tow. The all wheel drive option would be somewhat critical for the rural gravel roads and wide range of weather we have in my area.

Another European derived diesel like the 2.8L Dmax.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2016/09/20160924-whisper.html

2.8L Dmax......

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/1511-interview-nicola-menarini-global-program-manager-and-chief-engineer-gm-duramax-2-8l/

Quite possible that this 1.6L is from the same Menarini design team.

Archived