Engine - Transmission

Now you got my curiosity up. What difference does it make as to where the engine and transmission were made? Are there significant design and standard differences between engine plants?

I'm just curious, doubt it would make any difference. I have also looked at wikipedia and find the engines are built in Romulus and transmission in Toledo? Any way to confirm?

Maybe try to contact the plant to find out?

The 6.0 engines roll out from Romulus, MI, St. Catharines, Ontario, and Silao, Mexico. http://www.gmpowertrain.com/engines/6l-l96.html

6L90 is Toledo, Ohio or Silao, Mexico. http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-transmissions/myd/

Check your window sticker out it will show you country of origin for the power train right on it.

The 6.0 the past few years roll out near exclusively from Mexico. 6L90 is Toledo, Ohio or Mexico. Check your window sticker out it will show you country of origin for the power train right on it.

I don't know what plant it was manufactured in, but my 2015 3500HD 6.0 window sticker lists the country of origin as USA for the engine.

My window sticker list final assembly as Flint, but nothing on the engine and transmission. I think there may have been a second sticker on some of the trucks on the lot, but I do not have anything beyond the window sticker and the build sheet from GM. I emailed socialmedia at GM and they were able to provide the build sheet but not the origin for the engine or transmission. I'd ask my dealer, but I know that would be a waste of time.

If you were to buy a classic car you would want to be sure its "numbers matching". They don't do that anymore?

I would like to know this info as well. With old Pontiacs, they would stamp the production number on the front of the engine. This is an easy way to check if the engine is original or not. I think all the American manufacturers did this. They probably still do at least for warranty information or to protect themselves from fraud.

My window sticker list final assembly as Flint, but nothing on the engine and transmission. I think there may have been a second sticker on some of the trucks on the lot, but I do not have anything beyond the window sticker and the build sheet from GM. I emailed socialmedia at GM and they were able to provide the build sheet but not the origin for the engine or transmission. I'd ask my dealer, but I know that would be a waste of time.

If you were to buy a classic car you would want to be sure its "numbers matching". They don't do that anymore?

Just checked a couple on the lot. Lower right side, should show COUNTRY OF ORIGIN for the engine and transmission.

I don't know why, but it is not on what I have of the sticker?

Bottom right has order no, sales model, dealer no and Final Assembly: Flint MI USA

There has to be a stamping on one of the heads or the block??

Archived