Frustrated with GM and this Transmission!!!

Got my truck back last Friday, they replaced the transmission pump, said there was a burr in the outlet port causing intermittent low pressure. However it does feel as it is shifting much better, smooth transitions, no slamming into gear, but there is still the shudder that drives me nuts. I am happy they now have a place to look for future customers with this issue. I will still be pursuing the lemon law in my state to get rid of this truck, I still have no confidence in the truck or GM, been in contact with GM executive office, and have not been impressed with any info they have given me to date leading up to this repair, I actually provide them with what is going on with the vehicle. More to come I am sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Additional update: It has been about 10 days now since the last initial post after receiving the truck back. About 3 days ago I began experiencing reversing issues. After driving ~15mi and then attempting to back into my driveway, the truck begins to shudder and lightly jerk. Almost as if the rear-end is failing, however I am sure it is related to the tranny, as every time they perform a "fix" something else seems to come to surface. My lemon claim has been accepted, and I am waiting for a hearing date. I have shared my path forward with the executive office, and also expressed my further dissatisfaction and disappointment in how these issues have been handled. I 100% will not own another GM product. I hope these posts help sway potential buyers away from wasting time and money on GM products.

Additional update: It has been about 10 days now since the last initial post after receiving the truck back. About 3 days ago I began experiencing reversing issues. After driving ~15mi and then attempting to back into my driveway, the truck begins to shudder and lightly jerk. Almost as if the rear-end is failing, however I am sure it is related to the tranny, as every time they perform a "fix" something else seems to come to surface. My lemon claim has been accepted, and I am waiting for a hearing date. I have shared my path forward with the executive office, and also expressed my further dissatisfaction and disappointment in how these issues have been handled. I 100% will not own another GM product. I hope these posts help sway potential buyers away from wasting time and money on GM products.

Give it some time and purchase a F-150 or a Ram you will be back! They have stellar products and service you will see!

Give it some time and purchase a F-150 or a Ram you will be back! They have stellar products and service you will see!

I traded my 14 gmc Sierra 1500sle 5.3l 6 seed in on a 16 f150 xlt 5.0l. I can't be happier 12000km on my ford not 1 issue. It drives like a truck is supposed too

I fixed my 2016 issues ...... 2017 2500HD !

I cant find an issue to save my soul .

ouch, you must have taken a pretty big $$$$$ loss on that trade in.

Just because you're having a bad experience with your truck, doesn't mean they're all bad..I had a 2014 silverado double cab that was problem free (63,000 miles) that i traded in for a 2016 silverado crew cab 5.3 and has been trouble free for 20,000 miles...

Just because you're having a bad experience with your truck, doesn't mean they're all bad..I had a 2014 silverado double cab that was problem free (63,000 miles) that i traded in for a 2016 silverado crew cab 5.3 and has been trouble free for 20,000 miles...

I fully understand that all vehicle manufacturers will have issues, fine. However, knowing that, I expect that the manufacturer and the dealers do their part in providing a level of service that is acceptable. Taking responsibility and acknowledging problems and taking the proper actions to resolve them. After all they are in the business of selling products, the best customer is a repeat customer. I am happy that you have not had any problems, and I hope you continue that path. GM has a reputation of not stepping up when needed. My experiences over the last 4 months proves that and is exactly why I will never be a GM customer again, and I will do my part to share those experiences any chance I get.

I haven't read the whole thread, but quickly glanced at the OP's first post.

My transmission was great to start, it was a little clunky during learning mode but at about 1k miles it was doing great. never had the hard shifting or huge clunks when coming to a stop. at 10k miles I got the shudder. they replaced all the fluid and put in a new TQ. they reflashed the TCM, and the shudder was fixed but the hard shifts from 1-2 and 2-3 were ridiculous especially when cold and it made a wheezing noise. The dealer said the solenoids were not rest to match the TCM, so they zero'd them out and did a fast learn. It has been 3k miles and the transmission has been great so far

(knocks on wood)

..... also no need to tune .

With 3k on my 16 Z71 BEAUTIFUL Summit White double cab , the writing was on the wall . Take a hit now money wise or later ..... I choose now ! The dealer bought the 16 back .

The 17 2500 is what I should have bought . Look on the forums here for the 2500 ..... though to find issue threads . Not the same with the 1500 forums .

Yes the 6.0 are awesomely dependable but it's also an aging dog slow dinosaur.

Yes the 6.0 are awesomely dependable but it's also an aging dog slow dinosaur.

It may be as you say .

Its not like the NEW Nanny governed motors that the 1500 forums here are trying to FIX with "delete this " and "delete that " "shut this off " .....................

All the car manufactures can build a dependable vehicle , BUT with all the gas saving , weight saving , and emission crap ... its all lost in the computer aspect of these cars and trucks .

If i have to spend $$$ on a car , and each year there costing more , the last thing i want to worry about is knowing my dealers service dept names and how many kids they have ....... not that theres anything wrong with that !!

Dependable and slow is just fine with this guy !

Fast only makes Lawyers/towns money anyway .

Bought the 2016 right ..... So " TRADE IN " and the dealers help , with incentives and timing , all came together .

Archived