Just want to give a big thanks to pgamboa.  The turn around time and help were incredible.  His videos made the swap a piece of cake.  Now it's on to the RZY harness.  I highly recommend him to anyone thinking of doing this.

Edited by rlosson
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, rlosson said:

Just want to give a big thanks to pgamboa.  The turn around time and help were incredible.  His videos made the swap a piece of cake.  Now it's on to the RZY harness.  I highly recommend him to anyone thinking of doing this.

Before and After.

20171013_173202.jpg

20171014_102658.jpg

• Like 2

Harnesses are back in stock. Let me know your needs. Have a great weekend everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd bet a bunch of people were nervous prior to this post. Great work!

• Like 2

I'd bet a bunch of people were nervous prior to this post. Great work!

I’m down to (2) sets for each trim level. If I go for a week or two without cores, I’ll end up buying new harnesses and increase price by $100. It’s all good. Just want to help as many people as I can without being in the red in doing so.

I’m down to (2) sets for each trim level. If I go for a week or two without cores, I’ll end up buying new harnesses and increase price by $100. It’s all good. Just want to help as many people as I can without being in the red in doing so.

Still have my mirrors and harness let me know if you run low.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Huge kudos to @pgamboa This weekend I upgraded my DL8 mirrors to DL3 it was rainy as hell but thanks to Phils Youtube videos and clear instructions it was a breeze. I purchased his DIY kit as I was comfortable with doing the electrical. However if you aren't, the plug and play harness is for you. The package arrived in 1 week which was very quick (shipping from Texas to Ontario Canada) Everything was neatly packed and labeled very professionally. There is a PDF on which pins you have to pin out that are colour matched to the corresponding wires included, very simple!! Only thing I did do different: included is a butt connector to tap in a new ground in, however instead I soldered and shrink wrapped the ground connections together for peace of mind.  (The butt connection works flawless don't get me wrong, but I guess I'm old school) 

I picked up my new mirrors from a local guy selling his DL3 mirrors that never saw the road, they were pulled off at the dealership being they installed towing mirrors before he picked up his brand new truck. They were collecting dust in his garage so I picked them up for $200 cash. Couldn't turn that offer down. :lol:

I swapped off the chrome caps from the DL3 mirrors and put my black ones on (Phil has a easy video on YouTube explaining how to do so without snapping any clips)  and began the swap.

It's is funny because my dealer said this couldn't be done/or spend a fortune. My last vehicle was an 07' Chev Trailblazer it had the turn signal built into the mirror and if you didn't have that option it was plug in play no matter what trim you had, not the case for these trucks. (Phil made this possible though) 

Anyways HA GM dealer I spent $260 and a Saturday afternoon all said and done... I couldn't be happier... My 17' Elevation SLE is unique now in my area with it's power folding, T signal, and puddle lamps. :D 

Thanks again Phil, your knowledge and professionalism is greatly appreciated.  Don't hesitate order up folks!! 

20171016_142324.jpg

• Like 2

Huge kudos to [mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] This weekend I upgraded my DL8 mirrors to DL3 it was rainy as hell but thanks to Phils Youtube videos and clear instructions it was a breeze. I purchased his DIY kit as I was comfortable with doing the electrical. However if you aren't, the plug and play harness is for you. The package arrived in 1 week which was very quick (shipping from Texas to Ontario Canada) Everything was neatly packed and labeled very professionally. There is a PDF on which pins you have to pin out that are colour matched to the corresponding wires included, very simple!! Only thing I did do different: included is a butt connector to tap in a new ground in, however instead I soldered and shrink wrapped the ground connections together for peace of mind.  (The butt connection works flawless don't get me wrong, but I guess I'm old school) 

I picked up my new mirrors from a local guy selling his DL3 mirrors that never saw the road, they were pulled off at the dealership being they installed towing mirrors before he picked up his brand new truck. They were collecting dust in his garage so I picked them up for $200 cash. Couldn't turn that offer down. :lol:

I swapped off the chrome caps from the DL3 mirrors and put my black ones on (Phil has a easy video on YouTube explaining how to do so without snapping any clips)  and began the swap.

It's is funny because my dealer said this couldn't be done/or spend a fortune. My last vehicle was an 07' Chev Trailblazer it had the turn signal built into the mirror and if you didn't have that option it was plug in play no matter what trim you had, not the case for these trucks. (Phil made this possible though) 

Anyways HA GM dealer I spent $260 and a Saturday afternoon all said and done... I couldn't be happier... My 17' Elevation SLE is unique now in my area with it's power folding, T signal, and puddle lamps. [emoji3] 

Thanks again Phil, your knowledge and professionalism is greatly appreciated.  Don't hesitate order up folks!! 

20171016_142324.thumb.jpg.03b6d4529026fbb3d8cdcf0f6358843f.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! I also splice/solder this connection myself. I include the butt splice so that it is evident that something different needs to happen with the ground. :). Great deal on the mirrors and nice work on the upgrade!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Thanks for the feedback! I also splice/solder this connection myself. I include the butt splice so that it is evident that something different needs to happen with the ground. :). Great deal on the mirrors and nice work on the upgrade!

Looks great!! Waiting to hear back from PG about the harness(s) I will need to do this with my truck

• Like 1

Earlier in this thread, I received the correct part numbers for a DL3 to DQS upgrade on a 2017 Silverado 2500. Thanks for that information, it was extremely helpful

After two months, I am still going back and forth with the dealer over this. They are told by ADI that the upgrade can NOT be done - ADI won't budge. Right now I am stuck with the DPN mirrors ADI installed. The dealer acknowledges they owe me the DQS mirror, but ADI refuses to do the work.

I have the GM service bulletin that covers the upgrade for 2015 2500s. I saw one online that covers the 2016 models (but can no longer find the link).

Questions:

1. If anyone has successfully done this through a dealership, could you provide me with any details? I could have my dealer contact yours and figure this out.

2. Can anyone provide a link to a current GM TSB that acknowledges this upgrade path?

Thanks in advance for any help.

(If only pgamboa was close to me. I would have bought the mirrors and paid him to install. This frustrating process has been going on for two months).

Edited by JoeM21

Earlier in this thread, I received the correct part numbers for a DL3 to DQS upgrade on a 2017 Silverado 2500. Thanks for that information, it was extremely helpful

After two months, I am still going back and forth with the dealer over this. They are told by ADI that the upgrade can NOT be done - ADI won't budge. Right now I am stuck with the DPN mirrors ADI installed. The dealer acknowledges they owe me the DQS mirror, but ADI refuses to do the work.

I have the GM service bulletin that covers the upgrade for 2015 2500s. I saw one online that covers the 2016 models (but can no longer find the link).

Questions:
1. If anyone has successfully done this through a dealership, could you provide me with any details? I could have my dealer contact yours and figure this out.

2. Can anyone provide a link to a current GM TSB that acknowledges this upgrade path?

Thanks in advance for any help.

(If only pgamboa was close to me. I would have bought the mirrors and paid him to install. This frustrating process has been going on for two months).
With his harness, you really can do this yourself! It's not hard AT ALL. Plug and play!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1