Gotcha

am I reaching in wanting the added toys in the mirrors?  Or should I just stick with heated only?

Not at all. If you have a later year truck 2015.5 and later, the options are there at the door jamb.. might as well take advantage of as many features as you can gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Not at all. If you have a later year truck 2015.5 and later, the options are there at the door jamb.. might as well take advantage of as many features as you can gain.

And in your vid, you mentioned getting the proper power mirror switch.  Is that part number listed in this thread?  haha, all 72 pages of it?  So I can look for it?  And would that mean I have to switch out the cover on my door to accommodate the new power mirror switch?

• Like 1

And in your vid, you mentioned getting the proper power mirror switch.  Is that part number listed in this thread?  haha, all 72 pages of it?  So I can look for it?  And would that mean I have to switch out the cover on my door to accommodate the new power mirror switch?

:) - Don’t have to go through all 72 pages. Just the very first post. I show the two different switches. In most cases, it has been 23154702. You won’t need a new bezel. It simply just drops in and replaces the old.

@pgamboa My existing harness has the pins needed to do this upgrade. Just wondering if you know what size female pin connector is needed to add to my harness? I remember reading in an earlier post that you were going to measure the size. Thanks

Edited by Snyder26

Hi everyone, I have a 2017 silverado LT with regulars power mirrors and I want to upgrade to the aftermarket towing folding ones.

I been reading a lot and I think what I need is the plug and play door harness . To make it easy.

@WHMA and@Nawtieian - you both upgrade to virtually any mirror and gain all that the tow mirror has to offer. Power fold, turn signal, cargo lamp, running Lamp. You’ll need new door harnesses for this upgrade. I make/sell these specific to your truck trim and desired trim.

I would be wary of eBay mirrors $200 or less. Many of these are problematic. Many of them don’t land al their wires into the main connector that plugs into the main harness. Some even tie the turn signal and running lamps together (behind the glass), causing issues as these are separate circuits in the door harnesses.

I am on vacation and will be radio silent beginning starting tomorrow until 2/28.

But in a nutshell, you can upgrade.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am very much interested in purchasing your harness. If so, how much and how would i be able to buy it? Based on your original post. It looks like I'll be needing a DL8 tow mirror? Power folding I can live without. I would like to have the turn signals, front reflectors, and reverse lights option. Where's would be the best place to purchase mirrors without spending $1200 that the dealer has to offer? 

• Like 1

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am very much interested in purchasing your harness. If so, how much and how would i be able to buy it? Based on your original post. It looks like I'll be needing a DL8 tow mirror? Power folding I can live without. I would like to have the turn signals, front reflectors, and reverse lights option. Where's would be the best place to purchase mirrors without spending $1200 that the dealer has to offer? 

DL8 refers to the RPO code of the mirror you have now. The harnesses are specific to your trim and current mirror. I have an inquiry out for non-Power Folding GM OEM Mirrors, which are DPN. Power fold being DQS. So if non-power Folding is what you want, you would be DL8 -> DPN.

First off, great article. Thanks for the help. Question; I have DL8 on my 14' Silverado and would like to make the change to the 1A Auto ones you linked in the video. Do they make ones without the LED's that only come with electronic control and heating? And if not would the ones shown in the video work even though I have DL8? Thanks

• Like 1

First off, great article. Thanks for the help. Question; I have DL8 on my 14' Silverado and would like to make the change to the 1A Auto ones you linked in the video. Do they make ones without the LED's that only come with electronic control and heating? And if not would the ones shown in the video work even though I have DL8? Thanks

I also have a 2014 with he basic DL8 and yesterday purchased Part Number: TRMRP00012 form 1A auto. I am thinking (hoping) these are plug and play DL8 replacement since they are just power adjusting and heated. I would have loved to get all the lights to work but it was a difference of about $175 plug and play basic tow mirrors or upwards of $600-$1000 and a lot of work for full light functioning tow mirrors since it’s a 2014.

• Like 1

What a long road this has been, and I would have been so lost along the way without help from this thread.

Recap: I bought a 2017 Silverado 2500 last summer. Only thing wrong was it came with DL3 mirrors. I need DQS tow mirrors. Dealer agreed to do the swap, but installed DPN mirrors instead (no powerfold/no seat memory). I've been fighting with the dealer for months. While they kept saying they would "make it right" they ended up refusing to do anything further. 

I ended up suing them in small claims court where we arrived at a settlement. They must pay me for the cost of the upgrade. Supposedly, I will go to the dealership for a check within the next few weeks.

I believe I need the following two part numbers:

84041609 - Driver side mirror

84228892 - Passenger side mirror (gas engine)

During the DPN install, they did put in the correct harnesses (84125561/71) , so I should be set there.

Questions that remain:

1. I also see 84228894 referenced in my notes. This comes up on GM Parts sites as a mirror, but no detail. Do I need 92 or 94? 92 looks like the right one (although parts sites claim neither is compatible with my model+year).

2. This upgrade needs to be done at an auto body shop. No dealer in my area will touch it and ADI refuses to do it. (One dealer claims that cost coud be >$800 for the labor alone, but they still wouldn't do it). WIll this require any type of computer reset to function properly (especially the power fold and seat memory functions)?

3. While hesitant to complicate matters further, is there any advantage to going with the 1A Auto version of this mirror mentioned in the thread?  My current harnesses are 84125571/84125561. Is there a plug and play version of the aftermarket mirror that will save some money and/or deliver extra/better features? (The GM mirrors are about $500 each).

Seems like a small thing, but I would never have purchased this truck if I knew the mirror issue would be such a hassle. My local Chevy dealers are clueless on this topic - guess they don't sell many trucks that are used for towing aorund here.

• Like 1