Looking at available mirrors, I'm leaning towards some tow mirrors that are heated, power, have the rear facing LEDs I'm guessing for reverse and led on the front of the mirror that I'm not sure if they are only signal or marker or both.

I don't think I will bother with power fold.

• Like 1

Looking at available mirrors, I'm leaning towards some tow mirrors that are heated, power, have the rear facing LEDs I'm guessing for reverse and led on the front of the mirror that I'm not sure if they are only signal or marker or both.

I don't think I will bother with power fold.

The driving cost of the upgrade will be if you want power fold or not. The harness requirements or modification doesn't change between the two. Let me know if I can help in any other way. I am on vacation until 7/9, but accepting orders that will be filled after 7/9 upon my return, in the order they came in.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once I get the mirrors I will get a hold of you to see what kit I need to buy so I can modify my harness. Cost wise, power fold is out. I'm in no rush, just bought the truck yesterday, lol. I'm guessing within a month I should get the mirrors.

Edited by sse1990
  • Like 1

Is it necessary to disconnect the battery before switching out the harnesses/mirrors?

Always the safe thing to do. There is constant 12V in the harness. I've had a fuse blown once. When I swap mine out, I disconnect the door jamb harness first which will remove power from the rest of the harness.

• Like 1

Man, this thread is amazing....lots of great info. I'm still debating my proposed change from DL3 to DQX but I'm getting closer. Phil, I don't expect or want an answer until you return from vacation!! I have a 2015 GMC 2500HD SLT manufactured 3/14 DL3 A45 but do NOT have AVF RPO code. Do I need the RZY additional harness? Are the High Ridge mirrors of good quality? Thanks!

• Like 1

Man, this thread is amazing....lots of great info. I'm still debating my proposed change from DL3 to DQX but I'm getting closer. Phil, I don't expect or want an answer until you return from vacation!! I have a 2015 GMC 2500HD SLT manufactured 3/14 DL3 A45 but do NOT have AVF RPO code. Do I need the RZY additional harness? Are the High Ridge mirrors of good quality? Thanks!

I am still responding and taking orders :). Filling them upon my return on 7/9.

One way for sure to tell the requirements is by investigating the door jamb connector.

Take a look at this and let me know if Pins 9, 11, and 41 are present. Since you DL3s already, you should have pin 41. If you have all 3, this will be an easy upgrade and would only require my harness set.

As for Mirror Ridge, I haven't had the opportunity to try them. One thing to note about after market mirrors is that they might have their connectors pinned with custom hardwiring in mind.

I offer a service to correct this and make them PnP.

9a020020689617bce3c59b5b5404df99.png

• Like 1

I am still responding and taking orders :). Filling them upon my return on 7/9.

One way for sure to tell the requirements is by investigating the door jamb connector.

Take a look at this and let me know if Pins 9, 11, and 41 are present. Since you DL3s already, you should have pin 41. If you have all 3, this will be an easy upgrade and would only require my harness set.

As for Mirror Ridge, I haven't had the opportunity to try them. One thing to note about after market mirrors is that they might have their connectors pinned with custom hardwiring in mind.

I offer a service to correct this and make them PnP.

9a020020689617bce3c59b5b5404df99.png

Thanks. I will look at that and let you know. I am taking next week off myself so it won't be right away. Enjoy your vaca!

• Like 1

Mirrors have been ordered and should be here by the end of the week.

Currently have DL8 mirrors and the new tow mirrors have heat, power adjust, cargo lights and parking/marker lights. They are manual fold, manual extend and do not have the signals in the mirrors.

Once you are back, you can let me know what changes are needed and what do I need to purchase to make the conversion. Not looking fir complete harnesses, it will be DIY.

post-174291-0-83564400-1499047675.jpg

post-174291-0-90905000-1499047690.jpg

post-174291-0-97757800-1499047700.jpg

post-174291-0-00047800-1499047710.jpg

• Like 1

Just completed the DL8 to D3 conversion on my 2016 Silverado LT crew cab.

I also installed cameras in the mirrors, that will be hooked up to the MVI 360° camera system (once I install that)

Install took me 4hrs. Including the addition of the lane watch cameras.

Great upgrade!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I chose to purchase the harness that pgamboa offers.

It made doing this upgrade problem free.

Thanks again pgamboa !!!

I'll be sending you my DL8 harnesses.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

PGAMBOA was very quick to respond and help me out with any questions I had regarding my mirror purchase prep. My confidence level went from 5 to 10 with a quick message. Very highly recommend his work if you need a set of harnesses.

• Like 1

My mirrors came in today and I didn't want to wait till I get what's needed to get everything functional. I'll pull apart the doors again later.

Driver's side mirror, power direction works properly. No cargo lights and no marker/signal lights on front of the mirror. No big deal for now.

Passenger's side mirror, power direction is a bit off,

Up is actually right,

Down is left,

Left is down and

Right is up.

Once they are set, I don't move them anyhow.

No lights on that mirror either, but again I expected that.

Once I know what's needed, I can order it and fix them. But for now, I have my visibility back, that I'm used to on the trucks I own.

• Like 1

My mirrors came in today and I didn't want to wait till I get what's needed to get everything functional. I'll pull apart the doors again later.

Driver's side mirror, power direction works properly. No cargo lights and no marker/signal lights on front of the mirror. No big deal for now.

Passenger's side mirror, power direction is a bit off,

Up is actually right,

Down is left,

Left is down and

Right is up.

Once they are set, I don't move them anyhow.

No lights on that mirror either, but again I expected that.

Once I know what's needed, I can order it and fix them. But for now, I have my visibility back, that I'm used to on the trucks I own.

If you can provide the mirror info (link) that'll be great to document. For the lighting, that is expected as the stock harnesses will not be pinned for the lighting portion. That's where my harness will come in and fix. Also need to know your truck Year and trim as the harnesses are built differently to accommodate the trim level. To correct the passenger motor movement, that should be simple by moving the pins around. Moving the pins on the mirror side connector are easy and I have a video for that. It would be good to note the pin # location and wire color for me to understand what's what.

I am on vacation but returning this Sunday 7/9. I have several orders to fill upon my return but shouldn't be backlogged too bad.

If you can provide the mirror info (link) that'll be great to document. For the lighting, that is expected as the stock harnesses will not be pinned for the lighting portion. That's where my harness will come in and fix. Also need to know your truck Year and trim as the harnesses are built differently to accommodate the trim level. To correct the passenger motor movement, that should be simple by moving the pins around. Moving the pins on the mirror side connector are easy and I have a video for that. It would be good to note the pin # location and wire color for me to understand what's what.

I am on vacation but returning this Sunday 7/9. I have several orders to fill upon my return but shouldn't be backlogged too bad.

Not sure the link will work but here it is. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/142431734978

The truck is a 2017 Sierra SLE crew cab. Moving the pins in the connector should be easy for me, can probably do it with my eyes closed, lol. I was looking at just adding the required wires to get the lights working. I know you said you have a DIY option. What options are there for those lights. The rear facing LEDs are tied in with the cargo lights I believe. The front facing lights, are they marker lights or signals? That I'm not sure of. I think stock they use them as marker lights, but I'm am not sure if that is an option with my truck, or if the harness only allows it to be connected as a signal. I have weather tight connectors with all the pins and crimpers here at work that are commonly used on vehicles, but they all have round pins and I'm not sure if they are compatible with the connectors on the truck.

• Like 1