2014 Sierra ticking, clicking, or rattlesnake sound when pressing acce

Any help would be great I have a 2014 Sierra slt 5.3 that when I press the accelerator it makes a clicking, ticking or kind of like a pissed off rattlesnake shaking his tail. I have Gibson headers and exhaust with factory cats. I've had it to an exhaust shop and they checked every inch for leaks and nothing. I've had it at the dealer 5 times for it and they could never hear it or reproduce the sound until this last time I had it there and they said it was the headers. Here's the kicker if it's the headers why doesn't do it all the time? I will be driving and it's quite and everything is great then I hit a bump and here comes the ticking. The bigger the bump the the more ticking I get and the faster I go the louder it gets. It won't stop until I come to a stop or make a turn then it will disappear sometimes or quite down until the next bump. Also it only does it when I press the accelerator, if I let off it stops instantly. Any ideas it's driving me crazy. I'll see if I can get a video to loud. Thanks

Yes everything is good and seems tight. I haven't fine combed the suspension but I kind of ruled it out with the slight touch of the accelerator making the clicking after I hit the bump to make it start. The road could be flat as can be and it will still click. I will look over it again if you think there's something I should specifically check? Every idea someone gives me I will try. I only have 26000miles on it so it's not like I have high miles either.

Hi Kbuell21,

I can certainly understand your frustration with this situation. We want all of our customers to have a positive ownership experience, and we apologize for any feelings of dissatisfaction. Our team welcomes the opportunity to look into this matter further on our end. If interested, please send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, full contact information and name of involved dealership. Thank for being a valued customer, we look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

Hi Kbuell21,

I can certainly understand your frustration with this situation. We want all of our customers to have a positive ownership experience, and we apologize for any feelings of dissatisfaction. Our team welcomes the opportunity to look into this matter further on our end. If interested, please send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, full contact information and name of involved dealership. Thank for being a valued customer, we look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

Half of these trucks make this sound, I've driven dozens since 2015 and half of them did this. Half of them vibrate at highway speeds, and all of them made an extremely annoying high pitched whining sound when 4wd was turned on until 2017 when a new 4wd knob and transfer case module was put in to eliminate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add more to the post I was driving home the other day on the interstate and the wind was blowing hard and right at the truck and I could not get it to make the noise no matter how many bumps I hit but soon as went around the bybass and going with the wind it came back. Any thoughts?

Archived