Steering/ AxleShaft/ dealership issues

Alvi 812

Question

My 15 2500 duramax with 35xxx miles is pulling hard to the passanger side and has an obnoxious death wobble and vibration through the steering wheel. I took it to dealer i purchased from. After paying for two alighnments and tire balancing they warrantied 2 upper ball joints, piman arm and idler arm, truck still drives horrible with none of the symptoms being solved. Gm technician thinks my front axles are bad. With that being said, at around 28xxx miles my tires started rubbing my fenderwells, i took it to a gm dealer close to my house, not the dealer i purchased truck from. They turned up the torsion bars. And re-aligned steering, no issues. Fast forward to present, i put new set of tires on and all hell breaks loose, thats when death wobble, vibrations and pulling to pass. Side start. I put oem wheels tires on, no effect on drivability. My issue is the dealer i purchased truck from will not warranty axles because they say the dealer that adjusted my torsion bars is responsible for damaged axles, the dealer that adjusted torsion bars says they do it all the time and have seen this issue occur on any trucks. I guess my question is has anyone seen or heard of bad axles affecting drivability like so, im to the point where im not going to pay some jack rabbit to dissasemble , then tell me axles are fine or need replaced. I can sufficiently do that myself for much less pesos. Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

Archived