Yay or Nay? Running Boards

Running Boards  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Torn between removing the running boards and going without or keeping them on. I feel it looks better without but what are your thoughts?

2015 Silverado Crew Cab (Tungsten Metallic). Currently have OEM chrome 6" running boards with 2" level.

Here's a picture of my truck currently (with the boards) and a picture of a similar truck without them:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running boards are a functional accessory. I think a truck looks incomplete without them! Prior to buying my first set in 1985, it was awkward transporting friends or relatives that couldn't get in or out independently. I once added running boards for the convenience of others and now I need them for myself!

To just look at it-- No boards.

To get in and use it-- Boards, steps, bars, something.

You'll get old(er) some day.

I agree with you. I've been trying today to get in and out of my truck without using the running boards and it's a pain in the ass haha (could be because I still have them on my truck and it makes it awkward to jump out with avoiding them). I figured I should try that for a bit before pulling them off.

Overall, I think the look would be better without them. I am not a fan of the Amps as I feel it's just another thing to go wrong, but that's just my opinion.

I agree with you. I've been trying today to get in and out of my truck without using the running boards and it's a pain in the ass haha (could be because I still have them on my truck and it makes it awkward to jump out with avoiding them). I figured I should try that for a bit before pulling them off.

Overall, I think the look would be better without them. I am not a fan of the Amps as I feel it's just another thing to go wrong, but that's just my opinion.

Adding a grab handle to the driver side will make it much easier to get in, did for me at least when I ditched my boards.

Sent from my kayak

I personally can't stand the look of the flat running boards like those. So if it's between the flat and without, I say without. However, I do really like how the tubular ones look and I have them on my truck.

I was torn on this subject myself. Having my 2016 without, I am noticing at 10K miles, some wear on the leather seat. I really wanted the Power Amps steps, but at $1200, I had to settle for something more practical. I found a set of Factory Black Running Boards locally for $140. Couldn't pass them up. Now everyone uses them to get in/out truck. Less wear on the seats, less scratches on the door sills now they use the boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived