Plasti-dip $3k 22 inch gm rims?

It sounds crazy right? My 22 inch high gloss black gm rims are a scratch magnet. Would I be stupid to plastidip them to add some level of scratch protection? What say you?

I've never had a problem with Plastidip on my old trucks. It's not a bad idea. Just make sure rims are clean and apply a few coats, about 4-5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It sounds crazy right? My 22 inch high gloss black gm rims are a scratch magnet. Would I be stupid to plastidip them to add some level of scratch protection? What say you?

Downgrade to 18s or stop hitting curbs!

Plasti dip doesn't offer any protection if you hit a curb or what you've been doing. It's definitely a soft, malleable rubber.

I realize it won't stop curb rash but I have had a bunch of small scratches along the outside edge of rim when I drive up the gravel drive at our cabin. The gravel seems to rub against the rim just enough to make marks. My winter rims had plastidip on them and it seemed like it would offer good protection against lighter scratches

I watched a video on YouTube about using carnauba wax on painted wheels to keep a layer of wax over them helping to keep them clean and protected. Look up 'Wheel shine daddy' a video by Custom Offsets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either Plasti-Dip them, or just drive them like they are and repaint them later. Never understood the infatuation with trying to protect something, while in the process completely hiding or altering it.

Archived