I've got an 03 TB that is Dark Green Metallic, the wife decided to carve the brick on the side of the house with the door while getting our kids in and out. My temp. has gone done a little since seeing the shiny sheet metal against the glossy green that was suppose to be there. I'm trying to locate the touch up paint but the dealers in my area are saying it's at least a two week back-order. I figure I should be able to go to the local auto store and get it there. But I have no idea how to find the paint code.

GM, Chevy, Cadillac, GMC, Geo, Saturn, Pontiac and any other General Motors usually have a prefix of "WA", "BC/CC", or "U" and are four digits long. Also 2-3 digit number called a secondary number may accompany this one. May look like this WA8524 52U. It is on the sticker in the glove box.

I ordered some good touch up color and clear coat from www.automotivetouchup.com. About two weeks later I received a complimentary bottle from GM in the mail. (About 4 months after purchase)

Good luck

Wxman

• 2 weeks later...
I've got an 03 TB that is Dark Green Metallic, the wife decided to carve the brick on the side of the house with the door while getting our kids in and out. My temp. has gone done a little since seeing the shiny sheet metal against the glossy green that was suppose to be there. I'm trying to locate the touch up paint but the dealers in my area are saying it's at least a two week back-order. I figure I should be able to go to the local auto store and get it there. But I have no idea how to find the paint code.

SAL321- Here you go:

The Paint code for a 2003 Trailblazer Dark Green Metallic is 47U

The GM Touch Up Paint Number is WA-9539.

Hope that helps.

If you are not too far from the dealer bodyshop, Take a little empty jar with you and ask them if they have some paint to match your Trailblazer. Usually if you talk to them, they will already have some that is mixed up to match your truck. Usually they will let you have some. Then using a paper match, you can touch it up.

Oh SAL, this is a sad sad story indeed. :cheers:

Archived