VIDEO: Borla Exhaust for 2014-2017 Chevy Silverado 5.3L

So if you guys think we should continue to add this footage into our videos, then I will let my team know. Thank you for your feedback. It is important for us to hear your thoughts!

I would like to continue to see/hear inside the cab footage. Even if it's not 100%, it still gives us a good idea of what to expect. It's important to hear both the inside and outside when making these decisions, IMO.

Thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for all the interest in our exhaust systems! Working with our distributors is very important to us so we have a strict pricing policy and cannot undercut them. That said, we always recommend that our customers take our part #s to our distributors because they will offer the best pricing and even free shipping.

If you have any questions, please call us at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm PST).

You had at least 7 people interested, that is $7,000 (based on $1,000 for a complete system) and can't even offer a $50 discount???? I understand policies, but I also understand exceptions to policies.

You had at least 7 people interested, that is $7,000 (based on $1,000 for a complete system) and can't even offer a $50 discount???? I understand policies, but I also understand exceptions to policies.

The thing to do, would be to find a distributor and approach them.

I'm almost certain that Autoanything would offer you a discount if you ask them via online chat.

I have been talking to a vendor about a group buy on a GM Borla system. They have them listed at $999 and said that is " GM dealer cost" and couldnt do any better.

Hi. Please contact us at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm PST). Our exhaust systems are backed by our Million Mile Warranty and we would be happy to assist you.

Thanks for posting. Im going through my local shop. I just crawled under the truck and found that one of the hangers sheered off at the pipe.. WEIRD!!

I would like to continue to see/hear inside the cab footage. Even if it's not 100%, it still gives us a good idea of what to expect. It's important to hear both the inside and outside when making these decisions, IMO.

Thanks.

I agree 100 percent. Leaning towards atak but worried will be to loud especially towing travel trailer cross country this summer. Come on borla tax refund coming soon.

Thanks fyreman for the video.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I purchased a new 2014 Crew Cab Silverado 5.3 with the 6'6" bed and it sounded weak with the stock exhaust. After some research I concluded that the borla touring exhaust was the right choice. I ordered the touring exhaust online for $999.99.

I was stoked when it arrived (I opened the box to take a look, and on the muffler was a small dent, maybe a 3-4in diameter.) so that same day I took it to a muffler shop to have it installed while I was at work. I picked up my truck after work and it sounded great! It had deep tones and sounded like a real truck!

I'd say about 3 monthes later I started hearing a rattle coming from the exhaust it was very annoying and it turned heads in the grocery parking lot but not the attention you want right lol. I'm guessing this rattle is droning? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's not super loud but it's noticeable. I noticed that on the oem exhaust there was a valve, this valve if I remember correctly was located after the cat converter but don't quote me on that. Some say the valve is for when your truck goes from V8 to V6 or V4 which ever one it is. This valve is not on the borla touring system.

My question is, can the missing valve produce the droning (rattling sound) or can it be the dent that was on the muffler.

Post script. The sound only comes about when in 1st or 2nd gear you know like parking lot speed lol. I usually hear it when I accelerate from a dead stop or rolling and I press the gas lightly. I found and attached photos of the valve and dent on muffler.

post-157026-0-77747200-1489452351_thumb.jpg

post-157026-0-45234300-1489452861_thumb.jpg

I purchased a new 2014 Crew Cab Silverado 5.3 with the 6'6" bed and it sounded weak with the stock exhaust. After some research I concluded that the borla touring exhaust was the right choice. I ordered the touring exhaust online for $999.99.

I was stoked when it arrived (I opened the box to take a look, and on the muffler was a small dent, maybe a 3-4in diameter.) so that same day I took it to a muffler shop to have it installed while I was at work. I picked up my truck after work and it sounded great! It had deep tones and sounded like a real truck!

I'd say about 3 monthes later I started hearing a rattle coming from the exhaust it was very annoying and it turned heads in the grocery parking lot but not the attention you want right lol. I'm guessing this rattle is droning? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's not super loud but it's noticeable. I noticed that on the oem exhaust there was a valve, this valve if I remember correctly was located after the cat converter but don't quote me on that. Some say the valve is for when your truck goes from V8 to V6 or V4 which ever one it is. This valve is not on the borla touring system.

My question is, can the missing valve produce the droning (rattling sound) or can it be the dent that was on the muffler.

Post script. The sound only comes about when in 1st or 2nd gear you know like parking lot speed lol. I usually hear it when I accelerate from a dead stop or rolling and I press the gas lightly. I found and attached photos of the valve and dent on muffler.

That exhaust looks pretty beat up after 2 yrs?

That exhaust looks pretty beat up after 2 yrs?

I live near the ocean. Salty air and water will do that.

Mine is rattling, ended up being a broken hanger rattling against the pipe

Awesome, thanks for that info. I'll check it out myself when I get a chance. I appreciate it.

Definitely got my interest. Inside cabin video would be nice too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I recorded this audio last night. I hope this helps with your question.

Audio link is here

I recorded this audio last night. I hope this helps with your question.

Audio link is here

After hearing that, I am starting to truly believe they sent me the wrong one.

What year is your truck? And where does it exit? Mine is split side comes out behind both rear wheels. Wonder if that makes a difference.

Rattling is different than drone, but these systems should not rattle or drone. That said, if you do find that you have a rattle coming from our system, please let us know. Your system is covered by our Million Mile Warranty. Give us a call at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm PST).

Archived